Pair Norwegian Mid Century Teak Daybed Sofas Pull Out Tables Edvard Kindt Larsen for Gustav Bahus
A stunning, comfortable combination, mid-century modern pair of sofas, made in Norway designed by Edvard Kindt for Gustav Bahus. An ...
moreA stunning, comfortable combination, mid-century modern pair of sofas, made in Norway designed by Edvard Kindt for Gustav Bahus. An exceptional pair both for its form and quality. The pair embodies the whimsical fervor of the period, from 1960s. The smaller sofa /daybed features two pull-out tables in a teak frame, with a two cushion back and single seat cushion upholstered in original clean fabric, making this sofa just as comfortable as it is beautiful, with amazing form, original upholstery is in fantastic condition no rips or tears, back cushions rest against a single framed teak backrest. The sofa rests on tapered, round legs.
This clever design features teak pull-out tables at each end of the couch that can transform the sofa into a daybed when the two back cushions are placed on them. The tables can also be used without the cushions. Each table extends from 13.5″ the base. The seat of the sofa opens on a hinge, revealing a storage area with a hanging canvas base. The larger matching sofa features a cushion back and single seat cushion upholstered in original fabric in fantastic condition no rips or tears, back cushions rest against a single framed teak backrest. The sofa rests on tapered, round legs. The seat of the sofa opens on a hinge, revealing a storage area with a hanging canvas base. The underside of the sofa has the manufacturer's stamp: 'Gustav Bahus - Made in Norway'. The pair is an absolute treasure of a find for anyone passionate about excellent grade of quality in their collection. The pair is very comfortable, having distinctive characteristic of its time, crafted to last many generations and is well cared for, the pair remains young in years, and is rarely offered. They are investment quality selection, bringing visual interest and pleasure to any modern home for years to come, remaining a stylish pair that will blend seamlessly with any genre of design. The modern design of these cozy sofas can complement any style and will fit into any room where a comfortable seat is needed. An exceptional pair, both for its form and quality.
Condition Report: Upholstery in good original condition, no tears or rips in fabric. Frame is structurally sound, incredibly strong and sturdy, teak is in excellent condition.
Creator: Tove & Edvard Kindt Larsen (Designer) Gustav Bahus (Manufacturer)
Of the Period: Scandinavian Modern, Mid Century Modern
Place of Origin: Norway
Date of Manufacture: 1960s
Materials and Techniques: Teak, Upholstery
Wear: Wear consistent with age and use
Measurements of smaller sofa : 63″wide x 27 1/2″ deep x 33″ tall x 25″ tall without back cushions (14 1/2″ seat height) tables fully extended on each side 90″ wide
Measurements of larger sofa: 74 1/2 " Long x 30' deep X 29" tall 15" seat height less
- 75ʺW × 30ʺD × 29ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Gustav Bahus
- Tove & Edvard Kindt-Larsen
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Upholstery in good original condition, no tears or rips in fabric. Frame is structurally sound, incredibly strong and sturdy, teak ... moreUpholstery in good original condition, no tears or rips in fabric. Frame is structurally sound, incredibly strong and sturdy, teak is in excellent condition. less
- Seat Height
- 15.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
- Super Seller 2018
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.