- Casegoods & Storage
- Credenzas & Sideboards
- Restored 1950s Mid-Century Modern Paul McCobb P...
Restored 1950s Mid-Century Modern Paul McCobb Planner Group Mini Credenza Cabinet
There's a reason Paul Mccobb's creations have become classics of mid century design: they embody the still-relevant to the contemporary ...
moreThere's a reason Paul Mccobb's creations have become classics of mid century design: they embody the still-relevant to the contemporary philosophies of democratic design, elegant forms, and minimalism, while still being relevant to the contemporary aesthetic. The Planner Group dresser is one of the most recognizable and stunning examples of Mccobb's use of form, geometry, and simplicity, so we couldn't pass off the opportunity to give this one new life!
Made of solid maple and constructed with intuitive, repairable joinery, this piece has a long life ahead of it. Size is ultra-compact, with a removable, adjustable shelf in the cabinet bay. The top portion is the "jewelry box" addition, and is completely removable. Alone, the jewelry box is a sought-after component of the planer group series!
Originally in the "Tobacco" finish (a finish that we think does a disservice to the design and wood), it has been restored to emphasize the natural character of the maple grain. We used a process of building successive layers of very thin coats of finish into the wood, with stages of fine polishing in between so that you can enjoy the benefits both of the tactile sensation of touching real wood and the protective qualities that usually come with thicker applications. We even have a video of us pouring some water onto the surface, and it comes right off as though the surface it were a non-stick pan! Not that we want to encourage people to start pouring water on the furniture, of course.
Together, the whole piece is 36L x 18W x 39.25H, while separately, the cabinet is: 36L x 18W x 33.25H, and the jewelry box is 36L x 6W x 12.25H less
- 36ʺW × 18ʺD × 39.25ʺH
- Paul McCobb
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Excellent Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Fully restored exterior to emphasize the natural character of the wood. Only minuscule signs of age remain. Fully restored exterior to emphasize the natural character of the wood. Only minuscule signs of age remain. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Niji Furnishing in Philadelphia, PA
Niji Furnishing is a project started and operated by two Philadelphia-based wood workers on a ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mid-Century Modern Credenzas and Sideboards
- Philadelphia Credenzas and Sideboards
- Gold Credenzas and Sideboards
- Floating Credenzas
- Orange Credenzas and Sideboards
- Antique Credenzas
- Bar Credenzas
- Wood Credenzas and Sideboards
- Wine Credenzas
- Entertainment Credenzas
- Low Credenzas
- Media Credenzas
- File Credenzas
- TV Credenzas
- Office Credenzas
- Maple Credenzas and Sideboards
- Minimalism Credenzas and Sideboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.