Vintage Paragon Patriotic Series Teacup & Saucer - a Pair
PARAGON TEACUP AND SAUCER of the PATRIOTIC SERIES commemorating the WAR OF BRITAIN. It is trimmed inside with leaves and ...
morePARAGON TEACUP AND SAUCER of the PATRIOTIC SERIES commemorating the WAR OF BRITAIN. It is trimmed inside with leaves and has the red/white/blue shield with a lion that says on the banner below "The Lion Has Wings". The saucer has a colorful compass. Both are signed Paragon by appointment to H.M. The Queen & H.M Queen Mary Fine Bone China England Rego Patriotic Series Produced during War of Britain.
PARAGON Bone China England stamp.
In the early stages of WW2 Britain began to feel the grip of greater austerity as they attempted to save resources for the War Effort. Even the manufacture of chinaware was affected with only a small amount of plain white pieces produced for domestic use. Backstamp
Paragon By Appointment to the Queen. The Paragon China Company had been manufacturing commemorative china “by appointment to Queen Mary” since 1933 and “Queen Elizabeth” since 1938. Paragon asked, and was granted, permission to manufacture colourful china pieces for export to the North American and Commonwealth markets. One would not normally associate chinaware within the realm of military collecting or patriotism but some of the patterns and themes of these pieces are worth a look as they depict the resolve of the British and their Allies during the struggle that was World War Two. The greatest number of these pieces of the Paragon Patriotic China that are offered today for sale and auction are to be found in Canada, the USA, Australia and New Zealand. It likely that most of these pieces were sent there by servicemen in England to loved ones at home.
It is extraordinary beautiful and both pieces are in excellent condition with no chips or nicks or wear.
Measures 5.75" saucer, 2.25" tall cup, 4" wide without handle. 5" with handle. (Standard teacup size)
ALL our items come from higher end estate sales. Most are pre-used and pre-loved. Some show age appropriate wear and we will try to note that in description and in photos. We take many photos, many under high magnification so you may view these as part of the description. less
- 3ʺW × 3ʺD × 4ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- See description See description less
- English Traditional
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
Allison T. in Norman, OK
Allie's pledges to making our customers happy and repeat buyers. In addition to relying ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.