- Casegoods & Storage
- Credenzas & Sideboards
- 1900s Asian Antique Mongolian Hand Lacquer Pain...
1900s Asian Antique Mongolian Hand Lacquer Painted Wildcat Cabinet
This early 20th-century Mongolian style cabinet originates from the Shanxi province in China known as "West of the Mountains". The ...
moreThis early 20th-century Mongolian style cabinet originates from the Shanxi province in China known as "West of the Mountains". The leopard and lion show the wildlife but foreshadow the barbaric and conquerors side of the Mongolians. When deciding how barbaric were the Mongols? It is important to remember they were conquering with a purpose: for the betterment of their tribe, just like the wildcats painted on the cabinet.
The large sideboard features hand-painted lacquer finish with a Mongolian inspired design. The detailing is nearly perfect and the cabinet makes a beautiful history rich statement piece. It features four doors opening to reveal two shelves with storage capacity and six draws. Covered in layers of thick lacquer to provide additional protection from wear with mortise and tenon joinery throughout. There is plenty of room for storage. Can be used for an office, tv stand, storage cabinet, living room furniture or just a statement piece.
This piece is absolutley one of a kind. Very rare. Would make a remarkable statement piece if you have love for art and fine furniture.
Place of Origin:
Date of Manufacture:
Early 20th Century
Material and Technique:
Hand-Painted Lacquer, Hand-Carved Wood
- 94ʺW × 18ʺD × 37ʺH
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Perfect Perfect less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Joyfinds in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Credenzas
- Asian Antique Credenzas & Sideboards
- Asian Credenzas & Sideboards
- Asian Modern Credenzas & Sideboards
- Bar Credenzas
- Ceramic Credenzas & Sideboards
- China Credenzas & Sideboards
- Chinoiserie Credenzas & Sideboards
- Credenzas with Hutches
- Entertainment Credenzas
- File Credenzas
- Floating Credenzas
- Gold Credenzas & Sideboards
- Kitchen Credenzas
- Lacquer Credenzas & Sideboards
- Low Credenzas
- Media Credenzas
- New York Credenzas & Sideboards
- Office Credenzas
- Paint Credenzas & Sideboards
- Small Credenzas
- Storage Credenzas
- TV Credenzas
- Wine Credenzas
- Wood Credenzas & Sideboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.