Modern Philippe Starck for Kartell Louis Ghost Armchairs - a Pair
Who else but Philippe Starck would dare mess with a king? Reinventing the classic Louis XVI armchair for Kartell, the ...
moreWho else but Philippe Starck would dare mess with a king? Reinventing the classic Louis XVI armchair for Kartell, the playful Louis Ghost Armchair (2002) is a postmodern triumph of technical innovation and historical style. Translating the varied lines and formal geometry of its predecessor into a single form of transparent injection-molded polycarbonate, the Louis Ghost is a robust chair with a medallion backrest for leisurely comfort. When interviewed about the collection by the Dallas Morning News, Starck commented that it “has a mix of materials and styles based on our shared memories. We all own this piece in a way. The chair is well balanced; I try to be balanced myself.” Suitable for indoor and outdoor use in residential and commercial settings. Stacks six high. The back of the seat is stamped with a small Kartell logo in translucent ink. Made in Italy.
The single-piece injection-molding process used in making every Ghost Chair leaves behind several faint artifacts that are perfectly normal, not defects. less
- 21.25ʺW × 21.75ʺD × 37ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- These Chairs have some normal scratches. These Chairs have some normal scratches. less
- Louis XVI
- Philippe Starck
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 18.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
67570 does not qualify.
Rachel L. in Los Angeles, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Louis XVI Dining Chairs
- Traditional Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs in Los Angeles
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- New and Custom Dining Chairs
- Transparent Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Kartell Dining Chairs
- Plastic Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.