Parsons Armchairs Post Modern Art Deco Inspired Upholstered Chairs - A Pair
There is nothing that quite exudes post modern elegance quite like the Parson('s) Chair...it's name an homage to ...
moreThere is nothing that quite exudes post modern elegance quite like the Parson('s) Chair...it's name an homage to the proverbial crucible from which it was cast, the " Paris Atelier," or the Parsons School of Design, Paris. Truly, a collaboration between instructor, Jean-Michel Frank and his students, whom he challenged way back in the 1930s, to design pieces which would maintain their integrity "whether sheathed in gold leaf, mica, parchment, split straw, painted burlap, or even left robustly unvarnished!" the first pieces were constructed by the school janitor and displayed at a student exhibition.
Their unique and streamlined, forms have since remained a staple in contemporary interior design, patrons drawn to the Parsons' unassuming profile which not only accommodates any style of decor, but adds a lighthearted touch of the eclectic to any room.
For your consideration...a wonderful set of 2, seldom seen, Parson Arm Chairs; from the 1980s.
Price is for the set. less
- 22.75ʺW × 24ʺD × 39.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Needs Restoration
- Condition Notes
These chairs, while every bit as stunning as they ever were, are quite dirty, with heavy scuffing to their original ...
moreThese chairs, while every bit as stunning as they ever were, are quite dirty, with heavy scuffing to their original fabric.
They'll need full reupholstery, thought he cushioning is in relatively fine shape, with just a bit of indention.
We've neglected to show individual flaws in this case, since it would simply be wise to reupholster the chairs. less
- Seat Height
- 20.5 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 17.75 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 17.75 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Apple of Your Eye Vintage in Elgin, IL
Kitschy; Funky; Dapper; Dramatic; Only the Best Vintage
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Dining Chairs
- Black Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Chicago Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Modern Dining Chairs
- Modern Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Outdoor Wood Dining Chairs
- Rattan Outdoor Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Teak Outdoor Dining Chairs
- The School of Paris Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
- White Dining Chairs
- White Outdoor Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.