- Room Accents & Accessories
- Models & Figurines
- 1930s Hubley Boston Terrier Dog Cast Iron Doors...
1930s Hubley Boston Terrier Dog Cast Iron Doorstops - a Pair
Matched pair of iconic Hubley Boston Terrier cast iron doorstops in early brown/beige color theme. Twice authenticated (in person ...
moreMatched pair of iconic Hubley Boston Terrier cast iron doorstops in early brown/beige color theme. Twice authenticated (in person) by avid, knowledgeable collectors/enthusiasts. These pups are the REAL DEAL.
Discovered them amongst a large group of cast iron animal “rescues” in 2010, and instantly fell in LOVE. Sadly, I just don’t have an ideal space available to get these wonderful doggos the attention they deserve. It’s time to find a new forever home!
Purchased at Nashville area downsizing sale from grandson of original owner.... who named them “Punch and Judy” in the 1930s. These “family pets” have clearly been much used/well loved over the years, and both are starting to show some age. Still... this pair has GREAT personality, LOADS of charm, and PLENTY of good years left available!
Info based on authentications/evaluations:
Right facing Judy is likely several years older than her mate. She’s slightly slimmer/denser of the two, and a very EARLY version of Boston Terrier. These were handmade with original “sand pressed” type molds in 1920s/30s... before the dogs went into widespread production.
Left facing Punch probably came later. He’s slightly broader/thicker, which usually indicates later version... made from the newer/more efficient molds. However, left facing Terriers were apparently always something of a “specialty item” and are generally more difficult to date. Since these were made from more limited set of molds (only accounting for about 10% of total production), there were far fewer notable variations through the years.
Both dogs are extremely well cast and visibly hand filed/ finished by a craftsman. Iron is perfectly smooth and seams are a flawless fit. All paint is “airbrush” and appears to be original/unretouched. Both are super sturdy... weighing in at around 7lbs each.
I’m 100% confident these are GENUINE ORIGINALS, and will gladly provide any additional photos/details as requested. Feel free to ask questions!
Note: Paint from this era frequently contains LEAD. These may be inappropriate for areas accessible to small children without prior testing or restoration. Please don’t EVER allow kids to handle/play with pre-1960s items involving damaged paint without first checking lead content! less
- 8ʺW × 3.5ʺD × 10ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Very solid overall... with great “antique” aesthetic. 1930s item with typical signs of age and use. Visible areas of paint ...
moreVery solid overall... with great “antique” aesthetic. 1930s item with typical signs of age and use. Visible areas of paint wear/loss. Some light crazing/discoloration of original paint noted. Left facing dog (Punch) is missing a portion of his tail (See detailed photos above). No other physical/structural damage is visible.
- Hubley Manufacturing Company
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Cast Iron
Redūcere in Murfreesboro, TN
Lover/Collector of unique and beautiful things.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Elephant Figurines
- Cat Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Angel Figurines
- Folk Art Models and Figurines
- Metal Models and Figurines
- Black Models and Figurines
- Onyx Models and Figurines
- White Models and Figurines
- Paint Models and Figurines
- Venus Figurines
- Antique White Models and Figurines
- Brown Models and Figurines
- Rustic Models and Figurines
- Cast Iron Models and Figurines
- Country Models and Figurines
- Nashville Models and Figurines
- Tan Models and Figurines
- Auburn Models and Figurines
- Beige Models and Figurines
- Burnt Umber Models and Figurines
- Chestnut Models and Figurines
- Chocolate Models and Figurines
- Coffee Models and Figurines
- Figurative Models and Figurines
- Hubley Manufacturing Company Models and Figurines
- Ivory Models and Figurines
- Linen Models and Figurines
- Off-white Models and Figurines
- Sienna Models and Figurines
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.