Late 19th Century Antique French Renaissance Style Cabinet
This product is no longer available.
This is an antique French cabinet, circa 1870. This monumental, incredibly detailed walnut antique cabinet truly wows! Its grand stature ...
moreThis is an antique French cabinet, circa 1870. This monumental, incredibly detailed walnut antique cabinet truly wows! Its grand stature of nearly 9 feet in height (103.5″) and high-relief walnut carvings allow the antique cabinet to leave a lasting impression. Of course, this antique cabinet hails from France, and is a beautiful example of a French Renaissance inspired cabinet.
Carved paneled doors are punctuated by beautiful walnut panels and open galleries, making this huge French Renaissance cabinet truly extravagant. This French Renaissance cabinet would be incredible decorated with platters, china or hunting trophies. Indeed, it features many places to store silver, glassware and linens.
The central panel on this antique cabinet features a very vividly carved dragon creature with an incredible face! On either side, small half lion creatures decorate cabinet doors. The crown and columns of the cabinet have great carved detail as well. Finally, flowers and plant life decorate the base cabinet section.
Fantastic beasts, vividly carved flora and fauna are typical of French cabinets of this period. Of course, hunt cabinets were popular and denoted wealth and leisure for the wealthy classes in the 19th Century. These large carved pieces often decorated a dining room or parlor.
The antique hunt cabinet did need a bit of work when it came into our collection. We took it to our restoration team. They were able to preserve the amazing details on the cabinet, while freshening up the finish. Finally, they added several coats of lacquer to ensure a long lasting finish for years to come.
If you are looking to impress, this antique French cabinet will add old world elegance, sophistication and drama to your home. The antique cabinet can be disassembled into many pieces. However, on something of this stature, we recommend taking advantage of our delivery service. less
- 71.5ʺW × 23ʺD × 103.5ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Restored, re-stained, lacquered for durability and overall prettiness. One pole on bottom right has aged warped from years, but adds ... moreRestored, re-stained, lacquered for durability and overall prettiness. One pole on bottom right has aged warped from years, but adds to the charm of this magnificent grand monumental antique. less
Bohemians in Waynesboro, PA
Bohemian’ s has quickly grown to become a Pennsylvania landmark for fine furniture and antiques ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Display Cabinets
- Brown China & Display Cabinets
- Corner Display Cabinets
- Curio Display Cabinets
- Display Cabinets with Glass Doors
- French China & Display Cabinets
- Glass Curio Display Cabinets
- Glass Door Display Cabinets
- Liquor Display Cabinets
- Locking Display Cabinets
- Mahogany China & Display Cabinets
- Oak China & Display Cabinets
- Retail Display Cabinets
- Shabby Chic China & Display Cabinets
- Small Display Cabinets
- Tall Display Cabinets
- Traditional China & Display Cabinets
- Wall Display Cabinets
- Walnut China & Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.