- Casegoods & Storage
- Armoires Wardrobes & Linen Presses
- 18th Century Louis VI Chateau Armoire
18th Century Louis VI Chateau Armoire
When I purchased this beautiful armoire 21 years ago, I was told that it is from the 18th century. I ... moreWhen I purchased this beautiful armoire 21 years ago, I was told that it is from the 18th century. I also believe it to be in the Louis VI style. It is quite wide and high. It has marquetry inlays and bronze ormolu. The center door is mirrored and quite large. the two side doors are rounded out. They have beautiful green urns with yellow flowers above, inlaid on each door. The bonnet top has bronze/brass ormolu of an urn with flowers. All hinges and legs and shelves that are there were present when I purchased the armoire. The original key escutcheon was there, but not the key, or the handles for the side doors. I added these. I like the fact that all parts come apart for moving. This was a very clever French solution for moving large, heavy objects. All inlays are there and intact, as well as all bronze ormolu. This piece has never been refinished or restored.....to my knowledge. There is a longish scratch in the mirror on the right side, which may be able to be buffed out.....don't know for sure. There are scratches and dings, commensurate with age; in particular, there are two small missing pieces in the veneer where the door shuts at the bottom...there is a picture of this. Also, there is a hole in the inside bottom....also, a picture of this. None of these has affected the usability of this wonderful armoire. less
- 65ʺW × 21ʺD × 91ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- There are some scratches and dings in the finish. There is a hole in the inside bottom, shown in one ... moreThere are some scratches and dings in the finish. There is a hole in the inside bottom, shown in one of the pictures. There is a scratch in the mirror on the right side. The inlays and marquetry are all there, as is all bronze/brass ormolu. All hinges are there. The original key escutcheon is there, but I replaced the key and two side door pulls, as they were missing when I purchased. I believe that this wear is commensurate with the age of the piece. I do not believe that this has ever been restored. The door could use some restorative work, as it is quite heavy and binds at the bottom left corner......this keeps it from closing completely. But none of this has kept it from being quite beautiful and usable. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Susanna S. in Sarasota, FL
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- French Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Pine Armoires
- TV Armoires
- Painted Armoires
- Rustic Armoires
- Oak Armoires
- Mirrored Armoires
- Shabby Chic Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Antique Armoires
- Wardrobe Armoires
- Linen Armoires
- Clothing Armoires
- Traditional Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Yellow Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Armoires with Drawers
- Corner Armoires
- Tall Armoires
- Brown Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Metal Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Glass Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Storage Armoires
- Media Armoires
- Wood Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Wood Armoires
- Chestnut Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Mirror Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Tampa Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
- Veneer Armoires Wardrobes and Linen Presses
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.