1987 Robert Sonneman Post Modern Floor Lamp
This product is no longer available.
American postmodern floor lamp in black and gold by Robert Sonneman for Kovacs, marked 1987. A brilliant example of American's ...
moreAmerican postmodern floor lamp in black and gold by Robert Sonneman for Kovacs, marked 1987. A brilliant example of American's reaction to Italian Memphis Milano design movement. The stem sits on a gold ball floating on a black base. Perfect proportions and balance on a short floor lamp, accommodating for a reading lounge-chair or daybed. Comes with LED Light Bulb.
Robert Sonneman (born in USA) is considered an American pioneer of modern lighting. Robert Sonneman has been widely awarded, exhibited at the New York MOMA and the Cooper-Hewitt Museum New York.
After graduating from art school, Robert Sonneman started his career at the age of 19 as the sole employee in a one person lighting business and store named after its owner George Kovacs, a early modernist dedicated to lighting. While he was finishing his senior year at LIU in the 1960s, Sonneman gained international recognition for his lighting designs inspired by the European minimal style, the Bauhaus industrial style and the Danish modern style. In Milan, at age 22, he said he discovered ”this sophisticated culture of living with a passion for life that moved easily between the traditional world and the modern design that challenged it." Sonneman started George Kovac’s lighting factory before opening his own company/factory called, “Sonneman - A Way of Light", a few years later in 1967.
- 8ʺW × 8ʺD × 46ʺL
- Robert Sonneman
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Lamp is in overall good condition, wear is consistent with age. Comes with LED bulb. Lamp is in overall good condition, wear is consistent with age. Comes with LED bulb. less
inside home in Chicago, IL
Inside home is a furniture and accessories store located in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood of ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Adjustable Floor Lamps
- Antique Floor Lamps
- Arc Floor Lamps
- Art Deco Floor Lamps
- Black Floor Lamps
- Chicago Floor Lamps
- Contemporary Floor Lamps
- Dimmable Floor Lamps
- Edison Floor Lamps
- Floor Lamps with Shelves
- Floor Lamps with Table
- Gold Floor Lamps
- Gooseneck Floor Lamps
- Halogen Floor Lamps
- Kovacs Floor Lamps
- Metal Floor Lamps
- Minimalist Floor Lamps
- Modern Floor Lamps
- Outdoor Floor Lamps
- Pharmacy Floor Lamps
- Reading Floor Lamps
- Spotlight Floor Lamps
- Swing Arm Floor Lamps
- Tall Floor Lamps
- Torchiere Floor Lamps
- Tree Floor Lamps
- Tripod Floor Lamps
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.