Vintage Herman Miller for Eamer Mid-Century Dkr Orange Chairs
This listing is for one chair, two are available.
Here is a fully restored iconic Eames DKR wire chair designed ... more This listing is for one chair, two are available.
Here is a fully restored iconic Eames DKR wire chair designed by Charles Eames in 1951 and manufactured in the US by Herman Miller.
The seat and base had surface rust so we decided to get them professionally sandblasted and powder coated in a now unique two tone gloss black and orange for a striking contrasting result.
The hardware is original. The glides, in excellent shape, were replaced recently.
After refining their molded plastic chairs, Charles and Ray Eames began experimenting with making a chair from welded wire. To succeed, the Eameses had to figure out how to create a design with the strength they needed.
Ultimately, they decided on using lighter-gauge wire doubled over into a rim that sandwiches heavier inner wire to form their Eames Wire Chair, which won them their first American mechanical design patent. Its organic shape and airy silhouette are complemented by what’s commonly referred to as an Eiffel base.
Dimensions: H 32.75" W 19" D 21.25" Seat H 18.5" less
- 19ʺW × 21.25ʺD × 32.75ʺH
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Perfect in every way. Please refer to pictures. Perfect in every way. Please refer to pictures. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Charles Eames
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping from $75
- Free Local Pickup in San Marcos, CA
Aymerick Mødern in San Marcos, CA
Welcome to Aymerick Mødern, I specialize in mid-century and scandinavian modern furnitures I enjoy restoring ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.