Vintage Herman Miller for Eamer Mid-Century Dkr Orange Chairs
This product is no longer available.
This listing is for one chair only.
Here is a fully restored iconic Eames DKR wire chair designed by Charles ... moreThis listing is for one chair only.
Here is a fully restored iconic Eames DKR wire chair designed by Charles Eames in 1951 and manufactured in the US by Herman Miller.
The seat and base had surface rust so we decided to get them professionally sandblasted and powder coated in a now unique two tone gloss black and orange for a striking contrasting result.
The hardware is original. The glides, in excellent shape, were replaced recently.
After refining their molded plastic chairs, Charles and Ray Eames began experimenting with making a chair from welded wire. To succeed, the Eameses had to figure out how to create a design with the strength they needed.
Ultimately, they decided on using lighter-gauge wire doubled over into a rim that sandwiches heavier inner wire to form their Eames Wire Chair, which won them their first American mechanical design patent. Its organic shape and airy silhouette are complemented by what’s commonly referred to as an Eiffel base.
Dimensions: H 32.75" W 19" D 21.25" Seat H 18.5" less
- 19ʺW × 21.25ʺD × 32.75ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Charles Eames
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Perfect in every way. Please refer to pictures. Perfect in every way. Please refer to pictures. less
- Seat Height
- 18.5 inches
Aymerick Mødern in San Marcos, CA
Welcome to Aymerick Mødern, I specialize in mid-century and scandinavian modern furnitures I enjoy restoring ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Black Dining Chairs
- Charles Eames Dining Chairs
- Comfortable Dining Chairs
- Danish Dining Chairs
- Dining Chairs with Arms
- Farmhouse Dining Chairs
- Folding Dining Chairs
- High Back Dining Chairs
- Metal Dining Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Dining Chairs
- Orange Dining Chairs
- Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- Rolling Dining Chairs
- Round Back Dining Chairs
- San Diego Dining Chairs
- Swivel Dining Chairs
- Tall Dining Chairs
- Tufted Dining Chairs
- Upholstered Dining Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.