Antique French Carved Oak Secretary Desk
This product is no longer available.
Direct from France
A lovely antique French carved “drop front” secretary/desk with quintessential French style from top to bottom ... moreDirect from France
A lovely antique French carved “drop front” secretary/desk with quintessential French style from top to bottom!
Ornately carved French “drop front” or slant front has beautiful double serpentine panels with elaborate center carvings. It opens to reveal a fitted desk interior with 5 drawers, an open cubbyhole and a large writing area.
The two full length drawers have superb Liege carvings across the entire serpentine paneled fronts, complimented by a carved serpentine apron and gorgeous cabriole legs! “OH SO FRENCH”!
SOLID, Heavy and strong, lovely dark oak finish & grain, well built by craftsmen of the period
- 38ʺW × 20ʺD × 39ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
This secretary is in good condition for its age, with normal signs of age and use, dings, scratches, and other ...
moreThis secretary is in good condition for its age, with normal signs of age and use, dings, scratches, and other imperfections.
Keys included but they are more of a handle for opening the drop front & drawers; locks aren’t working.
The flat opened area has some scratches into the wood on the left corner in front of the drawers; nothing material, noted here for disclosure. I always provide multiple photos that should be considered as an integral part of the description and I encourage you to email me with any questions you might have prior to bidding. Please keep in mind antique furniture should be purchased for its uniqueness, higher quality material and craftsmanship and antique patina, charm and character….NOT for like-new condition!!! less
- Table Shape
Geaux Vintage Antiques in Shreveport, LA
Curated collection of antique European furniture and home decor.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 12Ask the Seller / View All
- Adjustable Desks
- Antique Desks
- Antique School Desks
- Art Desks
- Brown Secretary Desks
- Butcher Block Desks
- Campaign Desks
- Computer Desks
- Corner Desks
- Curved Desks
- Dallas Secretary Desks
- Desks with Drawers
- Desks with Hutch
- Desks with Shelves
- Desks with Storage
- Floating Desks
- Fold Down Desks
- Folding Desks
- French Secretary Desks
- Large Desks
- Long Desks
- Louis XV Secretary Desks
- Mahogany Desks
- Metal Desks
- Modular Desks
- Oak Desks
- Oak Secretary Desks
- Office Desks
- Reclaimed Wood Desks
- Rococo Secretary Desks
- Shabby Chic Secretary Desks
- Simple Desks
- Small Desks
- Tall Desks
- Traditional Secretary Desks
- Vanity Desks
- Wood Desks
- Wood Secretary Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.