1860s Confederate Sword & Scabbard
This product is no longer available.
Offering an outstanding, authentic, Civil War Confederate artillery sword & scabbard. Made during a very brief time period, from 1861 ...
more Offering an outstanding, authentic, Civil War Confederate artillery sword & scabbard. Made during a very brief time period, from 1861 to April 1, 1862 when the Union captured Nashville. Crafted by Nashville Plow Works also known as Sharp & Hamilton. In the beginning they signed a few swords, but as the orders increased rapidly, the signature was left off to speed production. Ours is signed.
The scabbard is phenomenal. Hand stitched leather over wood with brass top and bottom. The leather is stretching apart in sections and also has a small hole on the side exposing the wood. Worn finish in spots. The brass has a very dark patina, shallow dents and scratches.
The short sword is double edged. Marked CS on the guard. Brass grip has developed a rich patina. The base of the blade is stamped Nashville Plow Works. The blade has seen use and has nicks and scratch marks. Looks as if someone tried to clean off the patina to look at the Nashville mark on one side and heavily scratched it as a result. Overall the blade shows fighting use and is in good condition.
The scabbard measures 22 inches long x approximately 2 3/4 inches wide. The blade is just shy of 20 inches long. The guard is just shy of 4 inches wide. Overall the entire sword is just shy of 25 1/2 inches long.
Guaranteed antique and authentic. less
- 4.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 25.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
Barn Owl Vintage in Berkshire, VT
Barn Owl Vintage is run in a huge barn in the Northern Vermont countryside. Our ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.