1860s Confederate Sword & Scabbard
This product is no longer available.
Offering an outstanding, authentic, Civil War Confederate artillery sword & scabbard. Made during a very brief time period, from 1861 ...
more Offering an outstanding, authentic, Civil War Confederate artillery sword & scabbard. Made during a very brief time period, from 1861 to April 1, 1862 when the Union captured Nashville. Crafted by Nashville Plow Works also known as Sharp & Hamilton. In the beginning they signed a few swords, but as the orders increased rapidly, the signature was left off to speed production. Ours is signed.
The scabbard is phenomenal. Hand stitched leather over wood with brass top and bottom. The leather is stretching apart in sections and also has a small hole on the side exposing the wood. Worn finish in spots. The brass has a very dark patina, shallow dents and scratches.
The short sword is double edged. Marked CS on the guard. Brass grip has developed a rich patina. The base of the blade is stamped Nashville Plow Works. The blade has seen use and has nicks and scratch marks. Looks as if someone tried to clean off the patina to look at the Nashville mark on one side and heavily scratched it as a result. Overall the blade shows fighting use and is in good condition.
The scabbard measures 22 inches long x approximately 2 3/4 inches wide. The blade is just shy of 20 inches long. The guard is just shy of 4 inches wide. Overall the entire sword is just shy of 25 1/2 inches long.
Guaranteed antique and authentic. less
- 4ʺW × 3ʺD × 25.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Barn Owl Vintage in Berkshire, VT
Barn Owl Vintage is run in a huge barn in the Northern Vermont countryside. Our ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.