French Charles Piguet Wrought Iron Candlestick Candelabra - a Pair
This product is no longer available.
Pair of large wrought iron candelabras or candlesticks by Charles Piguet (1887-1942). Elegant three branches classic medieval inspired shape with ...
morePair of large wrought iron candelabras or candlesticks by Charles Piguet (1887-1942). Elegant three branches classic medieval inspired shape with original gunmetal patina. The candles-holders are both signed on base with monogram "CP" for Charles Piguet.
Measurements: 13 in. diameter (33 cm) x 12.63 in. high (32 cm)
About the artist:
Charles Piguet (1887-1942) was born in Switzerland in 1887. He studied in the fine Arts School and became architect in 1910 and worked in a big company in Lausanne. In 1913, he settled in Lyon, France and worked for Berliet. Remarked for his ability and precision, he rapidly entered the design studio. During World War I, he created his own atelier to study and ameliorate the technics of ironwork. After the war, he decided to create his own company and since 1918 he exhibited in Salon d'Automne, Paris and also in 1925, in Salon des Arts Décoratifs, Paris. His work is also shown in the article "L'art du forgeron" in Mobilier & Décoration Magazine 1921, in a special article on his work in Art & Décoration Magazine 1923 and also in the porte-folio of Charles Moreau on modern ironwork. He collaborated with the architect and furniture designer Michel Roux-Spitz (1888-1857) and realized beautiful doors, floor-lamps, chandeliers, tables, balconies, etc. All the pieces are handmade and of beautiful quality, expensive and sold to the bourgeoisie. He became teacher in the Fine Arts School of Lyon and council member for the Exposition des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne 1937, Paris. His work is slowly eclipsed by the new iron Parisian designers Raymond Subes and Gilbert Poillerat. He died in 1942 of complete exhaustion due to the hardness of this activity. less
- 13ʺW × 12.99ʺD × 12.63ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Wrought Iron
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Blue Iris / Iris Bleu in Atlanta, GA
20th Century great design will live on and will always work. Create your perfect space ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Art Deco Candle Holders
- Black Candle Holders
- Decorative Candle Holders
- Fireplace Candle Holders
- French Candle Holders
- Geometric Candle Holders
- Gothic Candle Holders
- Gray Candle Holders
- Hanging Candle Holders
- Hurricane Candle Holders
- Large Candle Holders
- Lotus Candle Holders
- Mercury Glass Candle Holders
- Metal Candle Holders
- Modern Candle Holders
- Pillar Candle Holders
- Shabby Chic Candle Holders
- Tall Candle Holders
- Taper Candle Holders
- Tealight Candle Holders
- Votive Candle Holders
- Wall Candle Holders
- Wrought Iron Candle Holders
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.