Antique Louis XVI Style Console After Design by Jean-Henri Riesener
(FEEL FREE TO MAKE REASONABLE OFFERS.) This is a rare and collectible Louis XVI style console desserte from the 2nd ...
more(FEEL FREE TO MAKE REASONABLE OFFERS.) This is a rare and collectible Louis XVI style console desserte from the 2nd half of the 19th century. It is inspired by the iconic console table made by Jean-Henri Riesener for French queen Marie-Antoinette's Cabinet Intérieur (Private Chambers) at Versailles in 1781. The concole is 43-1/2" wide, 12-1/2" deep and 36-1/2" high. The top shelf has burl wood veneer, probably of birdseye maple. The edges of the shelf are decorated with gilt-bronze lambrequin. The open shelf is faced by gilt-bronze floral swags. The square tapering legs are mounted with glit-bronze drapery (between the shelves) and chains of flowers. The paneled back also have some gilt-bronze mounts as seen from the front. (Note: In one of the legs the glit-bronze mount in the bottom seems loose).
Italian, Continental, commode, European, giltwood, gilt, sculpture, wood, wooden, mahogany, oak, console, coffee, tea, drum, center, carving, carved, marquetry, France, French, metal, burlwood, fruitwood, curio, urn, vase, alabaster statue, Louis XIII XIV XV XVI, nightstand, dresser, County, Gothic, gold leaf, gilt, ornate, golden, ormolu, brass, bronze, gilded less
- 43.5ʺW × 12.5ʺD × 36.5ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
- Gold Leaf
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 3-6 weeks.
20837 does not qualify.
www.assamika.com in San Jose, CA
You can find all types of unique, high quality and collectible items (sculptures, paintings, lamps ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Media Console Tables
- French Console Tables
- Burlwood Console Tables
- Narrow Console Tables
- Italian Console Tables
- Brass Console Tables
- Mahogany Console Tables
- Outdoor Console Tables
- Console Tables with Drawers
- Wood Console Tables
- Farmhouse Console Tables
- Mediterranean Console Tables
- Shabby Chic Console Tables
- Reclaimed Wood Console Tables
- Louis XVI Console Tables
- Gothic Console Tables
- Metal Console Tables
- Corner Console Tables
- Gold Console Tables
- Maple Console Tables
- Traditional Console Tables
- Tall Console Tables
- Brown Console Tables
- White Console Tables
- Oak Console Tables
- Small Console Tables
- Fruitwood Console Tables
- Coffee Console Tables
- New and Custom Console Tables
- Ornamental and Decorative Materials Console Tables
- Stone Console Tables
- Veneer Console Tables
- Alabaster Console Tables
- Bronze Console Tables
- Console Tables in San Francisco
- Giltwood Console Tables
- Gold Leaf Console Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.