- Casegoods & Storage
- China & Display Cabinets
- c.1950s James Mont Designed Asian-Style Dry Bar...
c.1950s James Mont Designed Asian-Style Dry Bar Cabinet by George Zee & Co.
c.1950s is this gorgeous and sophisticated, and well-crafted piece within the Hollywood Regency era, is this Asian inspired dry ...
morec.1950s is this gorgeous and sophisticated, and well-crafted piece within the Hollywood Regency era, is this Asian inspired dry bar cabinet, by the Asian Import Company, George Zee & Company, situated in Kowloon, Hong Kong. They are known for their beautifully crafted, kiln dried art carved furniture. as well as many other items, and thus by utilizing this, well-established company, for their high quality, for commissioned pieces, designed by James Mont, for the U.S. Import market. The cabinet is wood, kiln dried, which has been finished in high gloss lacquer, with details of Asian scenes, hand painted gold details, with Greek Key Details , as well as with numerous, inland material used, such as; Mother of Pearl, Abalone, and Jade throughout the fronts and sides, as well as the interior top, of inside top, as numerous images reflect. The piece has rounded, radius corners, to front of dry bar, as well as the same rounded applications given to corners the top corners. and lidded top, some of which are inlaid, but some protrude as relief, given the nature of the material aka Jade. There are also wood carved relief details to legs and apron surround, of base, also having floral and Greek Key design details as such, a often used esthetic to Asian themes, but brought upon by the Stamp of James Mont's design mantra. For the inside; the top lid lifts up, and has brass brackets to the back, to rest upon the back, implemented crossbar stretcher, which houses hinged back, as well as rests for this lid to sit upon, and not flap backwards to hit any wall, a keen, and observant, industrial furniture maker's dream to detail, with substantive solutions to those dilemmas. Also once the top is lifted, there to top rest of cabinet, are 2 pieces with a divided, exposed center, in which to flap and out and expose the upper portion of the dry bar, all hinged backs, and then the front top portion of cabinet door front, can be opened by, pulling front back toward's you, and down to expose an interior section of storage space, and with a parallel wall. That wall hides, without detracting from the overall effect of this pieces, but a clever design element, is a recessed, coved interior piece, with 4 cutout holes, in which to house, Wine/Liquor/Spirits bottles, which is a "removable" piece, also lacquered, but also to not take away from extra storage of bar essentials is the lower portion of the front cabinet, which are 2 doors, once opened, one can see an upper level recessed shelf, with an expansive amount below to store the likes of a full bar, for any social, gathering occasion, or daily use, but vast amounts of storage. Lest we not also detail the additional storage, which has been implemented in this piece, are to the offsetting sides, are additional doors to house glassware/barware, as well as to the offsetting radius corners of cabinet, are 2 more additional storage spaces, to additionally house more glassware, this time, to hang manhattan, or short cordials, or brandy snifters. The backside has the original maker's brass plate, with a sequential production number, and an additional sticker affixed, to show provenance, and maker, for import purposes. All in all this item; is a design wonder, with expansive material and craftsmanship utilized in it's production, as well as to the details, affording it, and what vast pros a cabinet may yield in it's finality, to be utilized for many generations to come, as which we were told, was made customer, for the original owner, who traveled the world, especially to the Far East.
There may be some slight wear, to perhaps some of the finish, with a ding, or paint, loss, but extremely minimal at that, given the age, production year and use of this lovely piece. The hardware is all brass, with the pulls having Asian Pagoda theme, or character of the Asian Alphabet. There is 1 pull missing from the side door to left side facing outward, but the actual hardware intact. mind you we will be trying to find replacement, but were told it was due to mover pulling on it, and lost during the move. From a Jupiter, Florida Estate.
Dimensions Height with Lidded Top Down and Main Listing: 38.25"H.
Dimensions with Top Lid Raised: 51"H.
In excellent condition to carry on for many years to come, but a seminal piece, by a seminal designer nonetheless.
IF you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. less
- 32ʺW × 18ʺD × 38.25ʺH
- George Zee
- James Mont
- Place of Origin
- Hong Kong
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Penned-Auras-Scene in West Palm Beach,, FL
We offer with a designers, discerning, eclectic sensibilities, and a collector's eye. We source ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 3Ask the Seller / View All
- Abalone China & Display Cabinets
- Antique Display Cabinets
- Asian Antique China & Display Cabinets
- Asian China & Display Cabinets
- Black China & Display Cabinets
- Brass China & Display Cabinets
- Brass China & Display Cabinets
- Brown China & Display Cabinets
- Chinoiserie China & Display Cabinets
- Cinnamon China & Display Cabinets
- Corner Display Cabinets
- Curio Display Cabinets
- Display Cabinets with Glass Doors
- George Zee China & Display Cabinets
- Glass Curio Display Cabinets
- Glass Door Display Cabinets
- Gold China & Display Cabinets
- Green China & Display Cabinets
- Hollywood Regency China & Display Cabinets
- Lacquer China & Display Cabinets
- Liquor Display Cabinets
- Locking Display Cabinets
- Metal China & Display Cabinets
- Retail Display Cabinets
- Small Display Cabinets
- Tall Display Cabinets
- Wall Display Cabinets
- White China & Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.