Here are some of our favorite stories from around the web this past week. Enjoy the eye candy!
- T Magazine has your look inside the coolest pool party of the summer. Hosted at the Connecticut home of artist Mickalene Thomas and collector Racquel Chevremont, the celebration commemorated the inaugural retreat of the Josie Club, a collective of black queer women. From artist-made pool floats and spicy margaritas, to ziplining and crawfish boils, this video has us itching to find our own grown up summer camp!
- Stylist Rebecca Summer’s Oakland apartment is the perfect mélange of Art Deco architecture, jewel toned walls, and vintage treasures aplenty. The best part? She credits Chairish for hooking up some of her very best decor finds! (Lonny)
- You can always count us in for a ‘classic architecture with a facelift’ story. See the magic made in this Clinton Hill, Brooklyn duplex: gorgeously preserved moldings, fresh contemporary art, and sleek, modern furniture make this house a home. The Cut has the full tour!
- If you’re in denial that it’s August already (the Sunday of Summer) and don’t feel like giving into trench coats and cardigans just yet, join us and live our endless summertime fantasy with this these Charred Pineapple Jalapeno Margaritas in hand. (Vegan Yack Attack)
- Here’s one more story on seriously chic city living: designer Rachel Reider outfitted a stunning penthouse in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood for a family throwing down roots after living abroad. Bold palettes mixed with timeless furniture pieces and unexpected finishes are sure to keep this family rooted in Beantown for many years to come. (Elle Decor)