With the ubiquity of open-concept layouts, clients have more wall space than ever — but how do you fill all that blank space? In Episode 4 of the Chairish Podcast, Chairish’s Michael Boodro meets up with designers Bella Mancini and Elena Frampton, as well as Phillip Jeffries CEO Jeffrey Bershad, to analyze the comeback of vibrant wallpaper, how to navigate the selection of artworks, and more. Listen to this episode to discover how to make your walls stand out.
What you can expect from this episode:
- The contemporary wallpaper trend
- Client hesitation about wallpaper
- Tips for selecting artworks for walls
- Detailing, balance, and additional finishes
- The trends and future of wall design
Get to know our chic guests:
Bella Mancini is known for her charming and astute way of working with patterns and wallcoverings within her designs. She founded her firm, Bella Mancini Design, just two years after making her career shift from fashion PR and marketing to interior design.
Elena Frampton is a talented designer and owner of interior design studio Frampton Co, which includes an art advisory service and locations in the Hamptons and New York City. Her studio uses dynamic, otherworldly palettes while also elevating artists and expanding access to their art.
Jeffrey Bershad is the CEO of Phillip Jeffries, a wallcovering company that was started with just 10 grasscloths over 40 years ago by his father, and is now a preeminent global company. With an elevated focus on design, quality, and efficiency, Phillip Jeffries prides itself on ready-to-ship and custom solutions and has been featured in magazines including Luxe, California Home+Design, and Interior Design.
During the episode, we mention these high-end wallpaper brands:
- Phillip Jeffries – a range of high-quality wallcoverings
- Fromental – hand-embroidered wallpaper
- De Gournay – bold and custom wallpaper
- Pierre Frey – commissions artists for wallpapers
Think beyond conventional wallpaper ideas with these sources of inspiration:
- Sisters and interior designers Charlotte Harris Lucas and Liz Harris Carroll offer their tips on wallpapers via Chairish
- Tour this Dumbo loft from Bella Mancini via Brownstoner
- Art advisory via Frampton Co.
- The latest, art-inspired wallpaper collection from Phillip Jeffries
- Shimmering wallpaper ideas via Dering Hall
Connect with Chairish and our guests on Instagram:
- Chairish: @chairishco
- Michael Boodro: @michaelboodro
- Bella Mancini: @bellamancinidesign
- Frampton Co: @frampton_co
- Phillip Jeffries: @phillipjeffriesltd
Lead image by Joshua McHugh / Design by Elena Frampton