Toulouse-Lautrec Book, 1953
What a fascinating life Toulouse-Lautrec led! Now you have a chance to know more about this enigmatic painter,depicted in ... more What a fascinating life Toulouse-Lautrec led! Now you have a chance to know more about this enigmatic painter,depicted in this meticulously researched, illustrated biography. Written in 1938 by Gerstle Mack, this is the first English translation, published in 1953 by Alfred Knopf. The 362-page biography surveys the great French painter's wild, short life, from 1864-1901. Here are the stories and paintings of brothels, cafes, theatres, circuses and racecourses - as Lautrec saw them and brought them to life with paint. Included are 58 half-tone illustrations - many familiar - but more than a few relatively unknown. Also, a number of photos of Lautrec, letters and even interviews of people who knew him. This book is in very good, unmarked condition, in a dust jacket that has some minor edge wear. The former owner neatly printed his name on the first free end paper. less
- 5.75ʺW × 1.25ʺD × 8.25ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
The Sophisticated Reader in Los Angeles, CA
Vintage literature, art & design books, fashion magazines, decorative accessories & One-of-a-Kinds for the Sophisticated Reader.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.