Gio Ponti for Singer & Sons Model 4120 Walnut Display Cabinet
This product is no longer available.
A rare Gio Ponti (1891-1979) display cabinet for Singer & Sons, circa 1957. Model 4120. Beautiful Italian walnut construction. The ...
moreA rare Gio Ponti (1891-1979) display cabinet for Singer & Sons, circa 1957. Model 4120. Beautiful Italian walnut construction. The lower sideboard cabinet features two doors concealing one adjustable shelf, three drawers, and brass pulls/leg end caps. The upper display hutch features one locking drop-front bar cabinet concealing a single glass shelf, floating off white lacquered panels and reverse back-lit walnut shelving. The display shelves are illuminated from behind by hidden bulbs illuminating the silhouette of the upper section. The bar interior is lined with opaque white plexi and off white lacquered sides.
This stunning display cabinet by Ponti illustrates his training as an architect. The attention to the subtle details is perfection. Three thin knife edge solid walnut blades support the display shelves on top of the credenza. Beveled walnut shelves and tapered vertical supports with open display top. Floating off white lacquered back panels are supported by brass stand offs. Nicely proportioned asymmetrical design.
This cabinet is in complete original condition. Excellent near perfect condition with very minor wear. It doesn't get much better than this! Very minor spots on the top right surface of the sideboard. General patina and wear to the brass expected from age and use. Brass hardware signed Made in Italy. Electrical components have been disconnected to prevent any potential damage. Lighting will need to be rewired or replaced for use.
Additional photos and full condition report upon request.
Designer: Gio Ponti for Singer & Sons
Italy - Circa 1957
Dimensions: 80.5" H x 68" W x 19" D
Condition: Excellent vintage condition. less
- 68ʺW × 19ʺD × 80.5ʺH
- Singer & Sons
- Gio Ponti
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
VERN + VERA in Chicago, IL
- Super Seller 2018
VERN + VERA is a discerning collection of fine vintage furnishings and accessories primarily from the ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique Display Cabinets
- Brown China & Display Cabinets
- Chicago China & Display Cabinets
- Contemporary China & Display Cabinets
- Contemporary Scandinavian China & Display Cabinets
- Corner Display Cabinets
- Curio Display Cabinets
- Display Cabinets with Glass Doors
- Glass Curio Display Cabinets
- Glass Door Display Cabinets
- Italian China & Display Cabinets
- Liquor Display Cabinets
- Locking Display Cabinets
- Mediterranean China & Display Cabinets
- Mid-Century Modern China & Display Cabinets
- Retail Display Cabinets
- Singer & Sons China & Display Cabinets
- Small Display Cabinets
- Tall Display Cabinets
- Wall Display Cabinets
- Walnut China & Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.