Versace Inspired Marcia Mazur-Gold and Ross Mazur Mid Century Handmade Paper Sculpture Painting
This product is no longer available.
Artist: Ross Mazur, American and Marcia Mazur-Gold, American
Medium: handmade paper, Pressed Cotton Fiber Collage Sculpture in Plexi-case, signed in ... moreArtist: Ross Mazur, American and Marcia Mazur-Gold, American
Medium: handmade paper, Pressed Cotton Fiber Collage Sculpture in Plexi-case, signed in pencil “Marcia Gilbert Mazur”
Measurements: 44 5/8" H x 5 3/8" D x 34 3/8" W
Condition Report: Minor age appropriate handling wear. Original Plexi-case frame with some cracks (frame overall of very fine quality and condition). Overall remaining in outstanding presentation-- excellent condition.
Ross Mazur was born and raised in Chicago. After receiving a scholarship at the Chicago Art Institute, he enjoyed a 20-year career as an illustrative photographer, bringing to the industry many original and innovative techniques still in use today.
Ross Mazur has been a full-time working artist all his life. Since the 1980's he has focused his creative endeavors painting, shaping and embellishing handmade pulp paper. This kind of art can be hard, but satisfying, work. The end result of this effort is an interesting combination of production processes from raw materials to finished art pieces. In 2002, Marcia and Ross completed a video segment for the PBS series "The Artist's Workshop".
Ross was introduced to paper art by his wife Marcia Mazur-Gold, who died 2004, but before her death they collaborated on the creation of mixed media compositions. They had been working as a team on and off since 1971 and began working in paper in 1981 when Marcia took a papermaking workshop at the famous Ox Bow Art School in Michigan. Drawn to his wife's creative work, Ross quickly left his clay work and other art behind.
By 1980s Ross owned a gallery on the North Shore in Chicago which he ran for four years but then moved on to do mainly art expos and festivals around the country including New York City. In 1986, the Mazurs showed their work at the Los Angeles Art Expo and stopped off in Sedona. Two weeks later they bought a house here and built their studio.
They also maintained a studio in Miami and, for a while, in Michigan, which gave them an opportunity to work closer to the main art festivals where they sold their work. Where they went really all depended on where the collectors of their art went. Moving around the country, with the Mid-West in the summer, and Florida in the winter, with the Arizona art festivals in between, became a way of life. Here in Arizona, Ross participated in art festivals in Sedona, Tempe, Scottsdale, Tucson and Fountain Hills.
In 1991 Mazur's work took a turn toward Native American motif although his paper sculptures, both free-standing and for the wall, remained abstract. He also removed the Lucite framing that encased the paper art. This change dramatically altered the way the paper art was perceived, especially here in Arizona. It sells extremely well. Just as Ross loves the tactile nature of this medium, perhaps his collectors also feel the need to be close to the art without impediments such as Lucite cases.
At the present time Ross is working on a series of sculptural compositions for the wall as well as free standing sculptures. These pieces are composed of a pressed cotton fiber matrix, utilizing the process of handmade paper.
Mazur has participated in the Sedona Art Tour that brought participants from the Page Spring Winery by limo to his studio. At the studio they were treated to a gallery with his work, then on to a room where the paper is pulverized in a Hollander beater and then put through a 60-ton press to make large sheets of handmade paper. The largest space is between these two rooms, where Ross puts together various papers, painting and embellishing them. It is an extraordinary process and fun to watch. less
- 34ʺW × 5ʺD × 44ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Mary Kay's Furniture in Timonium, MD
- Super Seller 2018
Mary Kay’s Furniture is owned and operated in Timonium, MD 21093. Our goal is ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Mid-Century Modern Sculpture
- Bust Sculptures
- Owl Sculptures
- Indian Sculptures
- Cat Sculptures
- Horse Sculptures
- Wire Sculptures
- Buddha Sculptures
- Cubist Sculptures
- Lion Sculptures
- Bear Sculptures
- Metal Wall Sculptures
- Nude Sculptures
- Eagle Sculptures
- Bas Relief Sculptures
- Roman Sculptures
- White Sculpture
- Dragon Sculptures
- Lotus Sculptures
- Relief Sculptures
- Tree Sculptures
- Egyptian Sculptures
- Hand Sculptures
- Venus Sculptures
- Elephant Sculptures
- Sound Sculptures
- Angel Sculptures
- Geometric Sculptures
- Heart Sculptures
- Surrealist Sculptures
- Greek Sculptures
- Paper Sculpture
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.