Antique Sheraton Style 3 Tier Mahogany Dumbwaiter Tea Table
This outstanding antique Sheraton Style three-tier mahogany dumbwaiter is in a class of its own, and you will love the ...
more This outstanding antique Sheraton Style three-tier mahogany dumbwaiter is in a class of its own, and you will love the sophistication it adds to your décor.
Measures approx. 48" high x 23 1/4" diameter. Top tier 15.5" D, middle tier 19.5" D.
Treat yourself to this carefully crafted antique table that will look great in your home. It is unique in its structural integrity and its perfect functionality, exhibiting blending of creative style balanced with careful proportion and scale. Such incredible examples of handmade centennial work are highly sought after by collectors and savvy decorators looking for an exquisite, timeless quality piece to position in the heart of their home. This practical piece has a versatile use and will adapt easily to any interior décor.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make this beautiful table yours today!
*****Treasure Island Interiors*****
The dumbwaiter, a peculiarly British piece of furniture, was introduced in the 18th century to prevent servants from eavesdropping on the gossip, intrigue and scandal of their masters. The art of conversation was considered a great accomplishment in the Georgian period, and the romantic, political and business affairs of friends and acquaintances were all considered fair game for after-dinner gossip, sarcasm and wit.
The presence of servants tended to discourage this indulgence, and led, around 1720, to the introduction of a new piece of furniture, the dumbwaiter. This was basically a tripod table on castors with the central stem extended up through the table top to support one or two smaller, revolving trays.
The dumbwaiter was in just about universal use in British society by the end of the 18th century. Despite a short vogue in France and Germany, it remained essentially a British piece. Sometimes it was wheeled in at the end of the meal, piled high with sweetmeats, fruit and cheese, for the diners to help themselves; sometimes it sat by the table for all of an informal breakfast or supper, and held glasses, plates, cutlery and wine as well as food.
****Treasure Island Interiors****
Offered in very good vintage condition; minor signs of use consistent with the normal, residential employment it has seen. The quality and craftsmanship speak volumes. The pictures are of the actual item you are purchasing, so please look at them closely to confirm its genuine, original condition and outstanding appearance, as they are part of the description.
Comes from a clean, non-smoking, pet-free home.
This superb piece possesses all the impact and majesty you would hope for from the finest examples money can buy, and we have no doubt it will serve and delight its new owner for many years to come. less
- 23.25ʺW × 23.25ʺD × 48ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Treasure Island Interiors LLC in Maplewood, NJ
TREASURE ISLAND INTERIORS ~ Timeless Treasures of Household Elegance ~ Offering exclusive selection of antique to modern ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.