Antique Sheraton Style 3 Tier Mahogany Dumbwaiter Tea Table
This outstanding antique Sheraton Style three-tier mahogany dumbwaiter is in a class of its own, and you will love the ...
more This outstanding antique Sheraton Style three-tier mahogany dumbwaiter is in a class of its own, and you will love the sophistication it adds to your décor.
Measures approx. 48" high x 23 1/4" diameter. Top tier 15.5" D, middle tier 19.5" D.
Treat yourself to this carefully crafted antique table that will look great in your home. It is unique in its structural integrity and its perfect functionality, exhibiting blending of creative style balanced with careful proportion and scale. Such incredible examples of handmade centennial work are highly sought after by collectors and savvy decorators looking for an exquisite, timeless quality piece to position in the heart of their home. This practical piece has a versatile use and will adapt easily to any interior décor.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make this beautiful table yours today!
*****Treasure Island Interiors*****
The dumbwaiter, a peculiarly British piece of furniture, was introduced in the 18th century to prevent servants from eavesdropping on the gossip, intrigue and scandal of their masters. The art of conversation was considered a great accomplishment in the Georgian period, and the romantic, political and business affairs of friends and acquaintances were all considered fair game for after-dinner gossip, sarcasm and wit.
The presence of servants tended to discourage this indulgence, and led, around 1720, to the introduction of a new piece of furniture, the dumbwaiter. This was basically a tripod table on castors with the central stem extended up through the table top to support one or two smaller, revolving trays.
The dumbwaiter was in just about universal use in British society by the end of the 18th century. Despite a short vogue in France and Germany, it remained essentially a British piece. Sometimes it was wheeled in at the end of the meal, piled high with sweetmeats, fruit and cheese, for the diners to help themselves; sometimes it sat by the table for all of an informal breakfast or supper, and held glasses, plates, cutlery and wine as well as food.
****Treasure Island Interiors****
Offered in very good vintage condition; minor signs of use consistent with the normal, residential employment it has seen. The quality and craftsmanship speak volumes. The pictures are of the actual item you are purchasing, so please look at them closely to confirm its genuine, original condition and outstanding appearance, as they are part of the description.
Comes from a clean, non-smoking, pet-free home.
This superb piece possesses all the impact and majesty you would hope for from the finest examples money can buy, and we have no doubt it will serve and delight its new owner for many years to come. less
- 23.25ʺW × 23.25ʺD × 48.0ʺH
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $359
- Free Local Pickup in Maplewood, NJ
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Treasure Island Interiors LLC in Maplewood, NJ
TREASURE ISLAND INTERIORS ~ Timeless Treasures of Household Elegance ~ Offering exclusive selection of antique to modern ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.