Acanthus Leaf Carved Wood Pediment
A very large deeply carved wooden architectural ornament with a beautifully carved serpentine acanthus leaf motif. It has old original ...
more A very large deeply carved wooden architectural ornament with a beautifully carved serpentine acanthus leaf motif. It has old original paint on it, this finish has heavy patina and wear. This is still dusty and dirtied from storage. There are several places where this has some chips out of the wood, which exposes a light timber which has mellowed some with age.
The condition is appropriate for the age and piece, but please consider that it has heavy wear and patina and some damage while being a good solid piece. This is sold "as is". This is comprised of different timber pieces, most of which are very large, wide boards. Some of the smaller bordering boards are a bit loose but very easy to re-secure.
I don't know where this was installed or when it was taken down. This is old but it is unusual and I'm not entirely sure where it comes from, given the motif and motif from a coordinating panel (listed separately) it appears that it may be English or made in an English style in North America. It was found in a hoard of architectural antiques from around the world.
Measurements are approximate: Length at long side 15' 3", length shorter length 12' 5.5" , height of panel at center 20.25", depth about 3.5".
It probably goes without saying, but I will still say that you will need an architect, engineer/ construction professional to make a plan for adequately securing this/ installing this. It is very heavy and very large!
See my shop for the coordinating piece. It has a Tudor type rose motif! If you want to see these in relation to each other please request a photo with both of them in the shot from me. This was found with a lot of great architectural antiques, see my shop for more pieces from this collection! less
- 183.0ʺW × 3.5ʺD × 20.25ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $489
- Free Local Pickup in Sterling, CO
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Arts Lapis in Sterling, CO
We offer an ever changing selection of art, objects and miscellany. Please visit us often ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.