Acanthus Leaf Carved Wood Pediment
A very large deeply carved wooden architectural ornament with a beautifully carved serpentine acanthus leaf motif. It has old original ...
moreA very large deeply carved wooden architectural ornament with a beautifully carved serpentine acanthus leaf motif. It has old original paint on it, this finish has heavy patina and wear. This is still dusty and dirtied from storage. There are several places where this has some chips out of the wood, which exposes a light timber which has mellowed some with age.
The condition is appropriate for the age and piece, but please consider that it has heavy wear and patina and some damage while being a good solid piece. This is sold "as is". This is comprised of different timber pieces, most of which are very large, wide boards. Some of the smaller bordering boards are a bit loose but very easy to re-secure.
I don't know where this was installed or when it was taken down. This is old but it is unusual and I'm not entirely sure where it comes from, given the motif and motif from a coordinating panel (listed separately) it appears that it may be English or made in an English style in North America. It was found in a hoard of architectural antiques from around the world.
Measurements are approximate: Length at long side 15' 3", length shorter length 12' 5.5" , height of panel at center 20.25", depth about 3.5".
It probably goes without saying, but I will still say that you will need an architect, engineer/ construction professional to make a plan for adequately securing this/ installing this. It is very heavy and very large!
See my shop for the coordinating piece. It has a Tudor type rose motif! If you want to see these in relation to each other please request a photo with both of them in the shot from me. This was found with a lot of great architectural antiques, see my shop for more pieces from this collection! less
- 183ʺW × 3.5ʺD × 20.25ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Arts Lapis in Sterling, CO
We offer an ever changing selection of art, objects and miscellany. Please visit us often ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.