Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table
This is a Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table with Dishtop over Bird Cage . The dishtop is also known as Pie ...
more This is a Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table with Dishtop over Bird Cage . The dishtop is also known as Pie Crust details as it is nicely carved into the wood. This antique replica table is constructed of one solid rosewood slab. There are no seams. It looks as beautiful when the top is tipped down and in use or in display when stored with the top tilted up. Most tables were in the parlor area, stowed up to show off the selected wood grain as guests would arrive.
When flowers or tea time was arranged, the table would be placed down and locked into position.
The top is a dishtop which was more costly to produce, as the entire top had to be turned. In this case the turnings have been done with manual power which gives it a more primitive butter look rather than being mechanically crisp. The table simulates the old look and it had me turn my head a few times, expecting it to be old.
The bird cage under the top is made to give support to the center of the table, for the slab is free flowing to turn around like a lazy Susan on the pedestal. This table likes being placed in a preferred position to provide even level ballast when turned. I placed soft tabs to help it be quite and snug when mechanically being adjusted.
The birdcage, is crafted with turned supports, peg and post. It tilts on a peg. The nice thing about rose wood is it is like steel and is great for mechanical parts.
The table was constructed with no power tools and the top is hand honed. The rosewood has a lovely wave to it, harvested from a grandfather tree close to twice the span in order to get such a dense selection. There are no markings of bark, softwood or worm holes in the wood.
The top lip is a feathered edging. This feathering is also skirted on the cabriole legs. The table closely matches the Chippendale design if you are looking for it.
The feet are "web clawed". All is in excellent condition, including its original wooden birdcage key and wedge for the table adjustments.
Stowed with the top high is 49"
Diameter of the table is 36 inches less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $149
- Free Local Pickup in Fredericksburg, VA
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 50 miles of 22554. 20837 qualifies for Local Delivery.
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.