Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table
This is a Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table with Dishtop over Bird Cage . The dishtop is also known as Pie ...
moreThis is a Georgian Rosewood Tilt-Top Pedestal Table with Dishtop over Bird Cage . The dishtop is also known as Pie Crust details as it is nicely carved into the wood. This antique replica table is constructed of one solid rosewood slab. There are no seams. It looks as beautiful when the top is tipped down and in use or in display when stored with the top tilted up. Most tables were in the parlor area, stowed up to show off the selected wood grain as guests would arrive.
When flowers or tea time was arranged, the table would be placed down and locked into position.
The top is a dishtop which was more costly to produce, as the entire top had to be turned. In this case the turnings have been done with manual power which gives it a more primitive butter look rather than being mechanically crisp. The table simulates the old look and it had me turn my head a few times, expecting it to be old.
The bird cage under the top is made to give support to the center of the table, for the slab is free flowing to turn around like a lazy Susan on the pedestal. This table likes being placed in a preferred position to provide even level ballast when turned. I placed soft tabs to help it be quite and snug when mechanically being adjusted.
The birdcage, is crafted with turned supports, peg and post. It tilts on a peg. The nice thing about rose wood is it is like steel and is great for mechanical parts.
The table was constructed with no power tools and the top is hand honed. The rosewood has a lovely wave to it, harvested from a grandfather tree close to twice the span in order to get such a dense selection. There are no markings of bark, softwood or worm holes in the wood.
The top lip is a feathered edging. This feathering is also skirted on the cabriole legs. The table closely matches the Chippendale design if you are looking for it.
The feet are "web clawed". All is in excellent condition, including its original wooden birdcage key and wedge for the table adjustments.
Stowed with the top high is 49"
Diameter of the table is 36 inches less
- 36ʺW × 36ʺD × 32ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.