Edith Brandenberg Long Island Painting
This product is no longer available.
Edith Brandenberg's oil on board of the Bowne House on Long Island captures a wonderful atmospheric mood. A prolific, collectible ... more Edith Brandenberg's oil on board of the Bowne House on Long Island captures a wonderful atmospheric mood. A prolific, collectible artist, Brandenberg's works were displayed widely, including five that were chosen for display at the Smithsonian in 1965. This oil depicts the back of the historic John Bowne house in Flushing, NY. Built in 1661, the home shows the classic architecture of the period. The painting has a moody, stormy feel. The somber blue sky is punctuated by the orange tones of the brick chimney. I love the interplay of light and shadow. The artist's signature is to the lower right. It is also signed on the back with Mrs. Brandenberg's full name and address. She also identifies the location of the painting. The board is frayed along the edges in spots, primarily the corners, but the painting is in overall good condition. A half inch scratch is apparent on the lower left, in the bushes. It does not go through to the canvas to the gesso, and appears to have been there for some time. less
- 30.0ʺW × 0.5ʺD × 19.75ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
- Free Local Pickup in Flowery Branch, GA
Owl Song Vintage in Flowery Branch, GA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.