European Depression Era Travel Decals Hat Box
This product is no longer available.
A large, leather, depression era hatbox with decals from European spas and cruises. One tag is even dated 1937! This ...
more A large, leather, depression era hatbox with decals from European spas and cruises. One tag is even dated 1937! This amazing piece of luggage once held a fashionable ladies' hat. Faint traces of her name, ship and cabin can be seen on one of the stickers, but it is too faded to discern. The hatbox is monogrammed with the initials, L.P.M.H. Stickers on the hatbox read:
* Clarendon Hotel: Leamington Spa
* Hotel Krasnapolsky: Amsterdam
* Hotel Castille, 37 Rue Combo 37: Paris, Madeleine Opera 1937
* Royal Hotel, MacGregors, Princess St., Edinburgh
* French Line: From a covered pier at New York to a covered pier at Havre
* St. Enoch Hotel: Glasgow
* The Trossachs Hotel, Loch Katrine, Perthshire
* Y Anchorline
Faded blue and brown paisley cloth lines the interior with an attached insert. The hatbox is very worn. There are tears in the leather and discoloration in the fabric. The hinges and metal rings are patinated. But despite the wear, the piece has a wonderful, distinctive presence. Perfect in decor, or on set as a prop. Great for light storage. less
- 18.0ʺW × 9.0ʺD × 16.0ʺH
- Fair Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Flowery Branch, GA
Owl Song Vintage in Flowery Branch, GA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.