Mid-Century Floating Rosewood & Chrome Desk
This product is no longer available.
RARE, absolutely gorgeous Rosewood and chrome floating executive desk with leather handles. Attributed to George Nelson for Herman Miller but ...
more RARE, absolutely gorgeous Rosewood and chrome floating executive desk with leather handles. Attributed to George Nelson for Herman Miller but similar in style to desks by Knoll and notable Danish designers. This piece is a Mid Century masterpiece. The desk features a beautiful rosewood top and two black drawered units each with 4 rosewood front drawers, the 8 drawers have massive leather handles. This is all floating on a square, tubular, chrome frame. It was the only piece we were lucky enough to score from a true 1960's time capsule of an estate sale where 90% of the estate was Herman Miller and we were told by the owner's son that this desk was no exception. Although not tagged, whoever the manufacturer, this is a masterfully crafted, beautiful piece of furniture history.
The desk is in overall excellent vintage condition. The rosewood is beautiful and still rich in color with beautifully visible grain. The leather handles are solid but do show some age in the form of minor surface cracking but are completely usable for many more decades (see picture below). The tops of the floating boxes have some rather insignificant ripples in the wood, which are typically consistent with dry conditions, however there are no cracks or missing veneer and the waves can only really be seen when looking up close and under the desk top directly. **what appears to be inconsistency in the finish on the top is just a glare from lighting. less
- 71.0ʺW × 31.5ʺD × 29.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Herman Miller
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Las Vegas, NV
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Aged Modern in Las Vegas, NV
Aged Modern specializes in unique mid century, modern and industrial furnishings for today's modern ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.