18th Century American Dropleaf Table With Written Provenance
This beautiful and practical table comes with something special -- a written history. The table has descended in one family for ...
more This beautiful and practical table comes with something special -- a written history. The table has descended in one family for all of its 250+ years. It predates the American Revolution and is still completely usable today.
Crafted from mahogany in the Chippendale style, the table opens with the use of gatelegs to 46 " square for seating and closes to a narrow 18"W when not in use. The height is 27.5." The legs are particularly elegant, ending in ball and claw feet.
The note attached to the underside, typed out in 1981 by the then-owner, says:
"This Queen Ann (Chippendale) table was made in Massachusetts probably between 1750 and 1770. " It goes on to describe the descent of the table in the family and points out the damage caused when the author's grandmother ironed on it(!). It also states that there was restoration to the table in 1913, and speculates that it was made in or near the town of Gloucester.
The table has recently been very lightly restored again, to mitigate the damage from Granny's iron and to address a bit of other damage, without removing the character (which includes imperfections as shown in the photos) that has accrued to this wonderful table during its long life.
A perfect acquisition for an apartment or house that needs extra table space from time to time. When the leaves are down, the table makes an excellent console. less
- 46.0ʺW × 46.0ʺD × 27.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $409
- Free Local Pickup in Walnut Creek, CA
- $75 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 40 miles of 94598. 20837 does not qualify.
Recherchée in Walnut Creek, CA
Recherchée is the creation of a California-based attorney and collector of vintage tableware, textiles and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.