- Room Accents & Accessories
- Wall Accents
- 1926 German Poster, Riquet Pralinen, Boy with Tray
1926 German Poster, Riquet Pralinen, Boy with Tray
From a magnificent book of Hohlwein's works, published in the early 1920s.
Born in Munich, Germany in July, 1871, he ... more From a magnificent book of Hohlwein's works, published in the early 1920s.
Born in Munich, Germany in July, 1871, he started his professional career as an architect, but in 1895, induced by his love of color and the desire to produce colorful posters, he deserted his profession to begin a new career as a poster designer. Immediately, he established an enviable reputation and was soon recognized as the leader of his field. He has retained this distinction and today is considered not only the foremost poster designer in Germany, but one of the best in the world. During the long period of activity in which he produced many hundreds of posters, he has hardly ever failed to produce a thing of beauty and charm. His compositions are always striking and original, his colour harmonies unusual and superb, and his technique at once recognizable and inimitable. Undoubtedly, many of his productions bear the distinctive mark of an architect, while others are endowed with the qualities of mural decor, while still others denote the frequency with which he has been influenced by Japanese prints. Throughout his entire career as poster artist, he successfully maintained a high standard of excellence in his work. His versatility seems unbounded. One need only glance through the present collection of his works to realize and appreciate the remarkable and charming qualities of the modern decorative poster designer, Ludwig Hohlwein.
The plates are all in very good condition - the pieces are testament to the skill of the artist and the time in which he lived. We love them all! less
- 8.75ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 11.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Art Deco
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.