1883 Palmyra Blue Transferware Platter
What a gorgeous piece of early blue aesthetic transferware! The piece is marked indicating the pattern name "Palmyra". The mark ... moreWhat a gorgeous piece of early blue aesthetic transferware! The piece is marked indicating the pattern name "Palmyra". The mark also indicates the piece was made by Sampson Hancock who was a potter working in Staffordshire England from 1858-1891. This platter shows the classic Victorian era love of nature and the deep classic blue. The center has a vase full of sunflowers and the bands that surround have a floral, vine and leaf design. There is a thin gold band that trims the edge. The gold band trim shows wear and along with some minor crazing that can be seen on the underside of the platter and are the only two condition issues found; both considered minor considering its age. This would make a lovely display item but is certainly still usable to serve your holiday dining needs. Please review the photographs to see the condition details up close. Our goal is to have your experience with us be a positive one. Therefore it is important to us that you get a clear understanding of what you are considering before you purchase. All of our pieces are well-loved and show signs of wear that comes along with aged items. Please feel free to ask questions as we are happy to provide any additional information you may need. less
- 16.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 13ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left. Minor wear to the thin gold trim and glaze crazing. Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left. Minor wear to the thin gold trim and glaze crazing. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Vintage4Design in Ludington, MI
Vintage4Design: Vintage & Antique Archeologists! Ever wanted help sourcing vintage items for your project, event, client ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.