Hand Thrown Studio Pottery Drip Glaze Covered Casserole
This is an unsigned piece by Shari Lamb -- founder of 1970s NYC Studio Pottery and the original Mud Sweat & ...
moreThis is an unsigned piece by Shari Lamb -- founder of 1970s NYC Studio Pottery and the original Mud Sweat & Tears-- a ground breaking studio pottery destination for students. I know because I acquired it from her sister in law. Shari not only made beautiful studio pottery, she taught classes and mentored students. She sold the studio in the early 2000s and it closed in 2015
This covered Casserole was made for her family in the 1970s and I have been told it has been the centerpiece of many a family Thanksgiving. You can see why. It is stunning. Rich brown glaze over red terracotta has a sandy textured look to it. A thick drip glaze goes around the rim of the bowl and over the handles where it drips down the side in almost a pitted lava glaze texture. The inside is glaze with a creamy speckled white slip glaze wit a lovely crackle texture. The piece de resistance is handle of the lid which is created by a ribbon of terra cotta clay that is been double loop to create an organic modern form with movement.
The piece is heavy and substantial. A studio pottery lover's dream.
Feel free to ask questions and I hope you'll continue to follow my Chairish store!
Artemis On Delos less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 7.5ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Artemis On Delos in New York, NY
I see amazing things everywhere. My style is eclectic -- from midcentury modern and hollywood regency ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Antique White Serving Bowls
- Brown Serving Bowls
- Ceramic Serving Bowls
- Contemporary Serving Bowls
- Ecru Serving Bowls
- Green Serving Bowls
- Large Serving Bowls
- Mid-Century Modern Serving Bowls
- Pasta Serving Bowls
- Primitive Serving Bowls
- Rustic Serving Bowls
- Salad Serving Bowls
- Sculpture Materials Serving Bowls
- Serving Bowls with Lids
- Small Serving Bowls
- Tan Serving Bowls
- White Serving Bowls
- Yellow Serving Bowls
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.