Vintage Peruvian Pottery Bull, Terra Cotta Torito De Pucara
This wonderful vintage terra cotta bull is a traditional folk art of Peru, the torito de Pucara, or little bull ...
moreThis wonderful vintage terra cotta bull is a traditional folk art of Peru, the torito de Pucara, or little bull of Pucara (a village in southern Peru). The handmade pottery figurine or statue is also a pitcher, to be filled with corn beer or, in times past, ceremonial liquids (though it's meant to be decorative). The bull is white to symbolize purity and protection. These bulls are found on rooftops across southern Peru to bring good luck, fertility, and prosperity.
The white bull has been hand painted in designs of brown (or rust) and glazed green. He has googly eyes and a tongue that licks up above his nostrils. His mouth is open, as a spout, and on his back is a small hole for filling it and a handle. A green tail curls across his rump.
This bull was purchased in Peru in the 1980s. It's in good condition, with some surface wear on the painting and three chips: one on his green forelock (next to the left eye) and two on his left front hoof. (Note that one chip on his hoof has been painted over, so it occurred while this was being made; not sure about the others, but they're much smaller.) less
- 7.5ʺW × 3.25ʺD × 7ʺH
- Terra Cotta
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Callooh Callay Vintage in Kirkwood, MO
Callooh Callay offers an eclectic mix of vintage home decor, art pottery, Chinoiserie, industrial decor ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Angel Figurines
- Animal Figurines
- Bird Figurines
- Brown Models & Figurines
- Burnt Orange Models & Figurines
- Cat Figurines
- Ceramic Models & Figurines
- Country Models & Figurines
- Deer Figurines
- Dog Figurines
- Elephant Figurines
- Folk Art Models & Figurines
- Frog Figurines
- Green Models & Figurines
- Horse Figurines
- Mediterranean Models & Figurines
- Orange Models & Figurines
- Owl Figurines
- Rustic Models & Figurines
- Spanish Models & Figurines
- Venus Figurines
- White Models & Figurines
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.