Antique 19th Century Tibetan Copper and Gold Filigree Flagon With Polished Agate Gemstones
This is a rare 19th Century Tibetan / Himalayan Flagon -- wine pitcher or teapot-- from the time when the Dalai Lama ...
more This is a rare 19th Century Tibetan / Himalayan Flagon -- wine pitcher or teapot-- from the time when the Dalai Lama reigned supreme and Tibet was in a renaissance of art and culture that was often considered the location of Shangri La.
The pitcher is made with a copper base and covered with intricate gold filigree. The piece is covered with cabochons -- highly polished gemstones. In this case I believe different colored agate. The lid is attached by a chain. The piece is in excellent antique condition except that one of the cabochons on the spout on one side has come off. It is a repair that could be easily made.
This is a serious collector's piece. less
- 7.0ʺW × 4.0ʺD × 8.5ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $9
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
Artemis On Delos in New York, NY
I see amazing things everywhere. My style is eclectic -- from midcentury modern and hollywood regency ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Agate Pitchers
- Antique White Pitchers
- Asian Antique Pitchers
- Asian Pitchers
- Baroque Pitchers
- Black Pitchers
- Boho Chic Pitchers
- British Colonial Pitchers
- Chinese Pitchers
- Chinoiserie Pitchers
- Copper Pitchers
- Copper Pitchers
- Gemstone Pitchers
- Gold Pitchers
- Gold Pitchers
- Moroccan Pitchers
- Orange Pitchers
- Persian Pitchers
- Regency Pitchers
- Rococo Pitchers
- Silver Pitchers
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.