Hans J. Wegner for Carl Hansen & Søn Burgundy Wingback Chair and Ottoman
Regarded as the “chair-maker of chair-makers,” Hans J. Wegner designed more than 500 chairs during his prolific career, some of ...
moreRegarded as the “chair-maker of chair-makers,” Hans J. Wegner designed more than 500 chairs during his prolific career, some of which were never produced. Wegner’s Wing Chair (1960) wasn’t put into production until 2006, debuting at the IMM Cologne furniture fair, where it won a classic innovation award for its timeless appeal. With experience in cabinetry and architecture, Wegner had an intimate understanding of materials and joinery, plus a passion for creating chairs that deliver superb comfort. This one – named for its trademark “wings” – is no exception. One of his best-known pieces, Wing provides outstanding support for your entire upper body, with a roomy seat that lets you lounge in a variety of positions and finely hand-sewn upholstery. Made in Denmark.
Solid beech frame; brushed stainless steel legs; molded cold foam padding; Rime (90% wool, 10% nylon), Clara (92% wool, 8% nylon), leather upholstery.
H 40.75" W 35.5" D 35.5" Seat H 15.5" Arm H 23.5" less
- 35.5ʺW × 35.5ʺD × 40.75ʺH
- Carl Hansen & Søn
- Hans Wegner
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Garry P. in NewYork, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Carl Hansen & Søn Wingback Chairs
- Contemporary Wingback Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Leather Wingback Chairs
- Metal Wingback Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Wingback Chairs
- Minimalist Wingback Chairs
- Modern Wingback Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Red Wingback Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.