- Casegoods & Storage
- China & Display Cabinets
- Mid-Century Modern China Cabinet by American of...
Mid-Century Modern China Cabinet by American of Martinsville
Rare china cabinet designed by Merton Gershun for American of Martinsville's top shelf ''Dania'' collection (circa 1960). Features two units ...
more Rare china cabinet designed by Merton Gershun for American of Martinsville's top shelf ''Dania'' collection (circa 1960). Features two units with a step back china cabinet atop a sideboard. The upper unit is comprised of two fixed shelves with incised display slots for china platters. Two doors with with unusual convex bubble glass panes along with locks and keys (both original and in good working order). The lower unit features three louver- like dove- tailed drawers; one with felt lined silverware compartments and a hidden lock and key (accessible through an adjoining compartment). The right side of the unit features two doors which reveal an additional three drawers and a cabinet with a single shelf. Walnut veneer. Original brass hardware. Also included is an original booklet on the Dania line which was included with the piece at the time of purchase.
Condition: The cabinet has the appearance of having been in a time capsule since the Kennedy administration. One minor blemish to lower back corner of upper unit (see photos). less
- 60ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 75ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- American of Martinsville
- Merton L. Gershun
Waltah's in Torrington, CT
It's tough to rhyme Noguchi...Doesn't mean I can't : Flip for Kipp ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Brass China & Display Cabinets
- Brown China & Display Cabinets
- Danish Modern China & Display Cabinets
- Glass China & Display Cabinets
- Metal China & Display Cabinets
- Mid-Century Modern China & Display Cabinets
- Modern China & Display Cabinets
- New York China & Display Cabinets
- Walnut China & Display Cabinets
- Wood China & Display Cabinets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.