Art Deco Mohair Sofa & Armchair - A Pair
This product is no longer available.
Circa 1930s art deco mohair sofa and armchair set in a very unusual color pattern of [approximately] teal and gray ...
moreCirca 1930s art deco mohair sofa and armchair set in a very unusual color pattern of [approximately] teal and gray. [Note: it's a nice shade of blue, sort of teal, and a shade of gray]
Made by Sawyers Furniture Company, West Galax, VA. Sofa measures 82"W X 37" Deep X 32"H. Matching armchair measures 41"W X 37" Deep X 35"H. Condition is good. I've owned these since the early 1990s and believe I'm the second owner. I consider the description "rare" to be overused, but I have never seen this color pattern in any other art deco mohair furniture; the typical colors I've seen many times are ruby red, royal blue and emerald green. Note: the "webbing" underneath both pieces is frayed; the webbing can't be seen unless you tip the pieces over and look. The wood trim and fabric show some wear but it does not detract from the overall impressive appearance. On back of the sofa there are 2 tears; the photo attached shows one of the two; the 2 tears are almost identical. Also on the back of the sofa at the top of the back, the mohair is warn as shown in the last photo (likely caused by rubbing against the wall). Neither the tears nor this wear are visible if the sofa has its back to a wall and, in fact, I never realized they were there until I moved the sofa to photograph it for this Chairish posting. less
- 123ʺW × 37ʺD × 32ʺH
- Art Deco
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Robert V. in Washington, DC
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 10Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.