Final Markdown Feel Deluxe Sofa by Animi Causa
Final Markdown prices are firm.
Extremely rare postmodern piece by the Israeli manufacturer Animi Causa. The feel deluxe sofa is ... moreFinal Markdown prices are firm.
Extremely rare postmodern piece by the Israeli manufacturer Animi Causa. The feel deluxe sofa is constructed by stringing 120 responsive foam balls (about 8” diameter per ball) with flexible but strong bungie cords. Each ball has half of a snap buckle and nylon cord attached to it, so you can get creative with the form of the piece - flat as a mattress made of supple foam balls, a chair, a big crash pad like seat or even a sculpture that you can sit on!
MSRP for this sofa was upwards of 8000 USD in the early aughts and only if you were lucky enough to order one. Production was small and limited. Animi Causa has been ‘temporarily out of stock’ for years.
Having said all of this, please be aware that this piece will require reupholstering. Although many of the balls are in good shape, there are a number that have been well loved, with some staining and openings in the fabric. It would be a fun project to custom design the sofa with different vibrant colors. You could also just stick with red :)
dimensions approximate. It can be set up in a million ways. Each ball is about 8" diameter. there are 120 balls. Each have both male and female clasps. less
- 67ʺW × 40ʺD × 26ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Condition Notes
- Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear Fair - Has lived a "full life" and has a distressed look with noticeable wear less
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.