Frank Gehry for Knoll Int. Crosscheck Armchairs - A Pair
Super rare limited edition forest green Crosscheck armchairs by Frank Gehry for knoll international. Inspired by apple crates, Gehry explores ...
more Super rare limited edition forest green Crosscheck armchairs by Frank Gehry for knoll international. Inspired by apple crates, Gehry explores the juncture between form and function, abstraction and symbolism as well as the mass-produced and the individual / personal with the crosscheck collection. Ribbons of bent plywood curve and braid into a functional seat as well as a truly graphic form. The interlocking wood brings to mind handwoven baskets, caning, even textile, while at the same time representing modern machine technology, without which such a chair would never be possible. There's also a childlike, naive quality to the aesthetic here, as Gehry recalls the aforementioned apple-crates of his youth and recreates a spellbinding and somewhat perplexing experience for the viewer--one that reminds me of a child trying to learn to
tie her shoelaces for the first time, doing it by himself, and then forgetting a step the next day and having to ask a parent or teacher for help.
These are signed and dated. Manufactured by knoll. You'll probably never find a set of the ultra rare forest green limited run (1992) ever again. So if you're thinking of bringing these beauties into your life, please don't hesitate / miss this chance.
Condition: good vintage condition. As some might know, Gehry's crosscheck collection is prone to coming apart. This set has been put together and reinforced to ensure some level of stability for years to come. less
- 28.0ʺW × 25.0ʺD × 34.0ʺH
- Knoll International
- Frank Gehry
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $499
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
After more than a decade in academia, both as doctoral candidate at NYU’s Institute ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Accent Chairs for Living Room
- Accent Chairs with Arms
- Animal Print Accent Chairs
- Armless Accent Chairs
- Bedroom Accent Chairs
- Black and White Accent Chairs
- Blue and White Accent Chairs
- Boho Chic Club Chairs
- Cow Hide Accent Chairs
- Floral Accent Chairs
- Green Club Chairs
- High Back Accent Chairs
- Knoll International Club Chairs
- Modern Club Chairs
- Paris Accent Chairs
- Patterned Accent Chairs
- Reclining Accent Chairs
- Round Accent Chairs
- Small Accent Chairs
- Striped Accent Chairs
- Studded Accent Chairs
- Swivel Accent Chairs
- Tufted Accent Chairs
- Unique Accent Chairs
- Upholstered Accent Chairs
- Vintage Accent Chairs
- Wood Club Chairs
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.