Repurposed Handmade Theater Spot Light, 1940's
Hi everyone, this is another new completed one of a kind piece up for grabs. I originally found this lamp ...
more Hi everyone, this is another new completed one of a kind piece up for grabs. I originally found this lamp as just the top lamp housing. I decided the brown powder coat had to go and this lamp needed to be shiny! Once I removed all the power coat from the exterior, I spent a solid day carefully sanding down all the natural casting dimples/wrinkle finish off to leave the exterior of the lamp housing smooth. Then I started polishing the aluminum until I was happy with it. I then found an old zinc coated mower clutch drum and polished it out as well to make a base for it and added a new on/off switch. I built a main tube and pivot mount out of copper tubing then used brass push loc/compression fittings to attach it all together.
The fittings were then brazed/soldered to keep everything tight. The copper and brass has also been polished. I added an outlet tube at the top of the main tube to allow the new cloth covered wiring to be run clean through the inside and up to the lamp housing as well. The original twist lock/brake lamp style socket was replaced with a small candelabra style screw in socket to allow for different bulb options. I went with a 4 watt, 40 watt equivalent Edison style'd LED bulb and it seems to work perfect. Not too dim, not too bright. The lamp housing also has an adjustable focus on the underside that can be adjusted by loosening the wing nut and sliding the socket back and forth to adjust the beam from flood to spot. Last two pics are of how the lamp looked originally. This is a truly unique piece, nothing else like it in the world. I put a lot of love and patience and time into this piece and it definitely shows. This lamp would make great end table or office desk lighting as well as being a great conversation piece. Thanks for looking! less
- 6.0ʺW × 5.0ʺD × 19.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Outsider and Self Taught Art
- Shipping Options
- Free Shipping in the continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Tyler, TX
Voit Custom Lighting in Tyler, TX
Hi, thanks for taking the time to check out my shop! I specialize in creating ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.