First Edition Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair 1958
This product is no longer available.
Extremely rare First edition Arne Jacobsen egg chair for Fritz Hansen 1958. First run egg chairs are identifiable as such ... more Extremely rare First edition Arne Jacobsen egg chair for Fritz Hansen 1958. First run egg chairs are identifiable as such if they have many/ all of the following: fluted one piece cast aluminum base + narrow foot glides + a particular 'dansk' control sticker + painted FH mark underneath + no seat cushion. This chair has the tell tale base and sticker. Jacobsen designed the chair to either be upholstered in blue or cognac / black leather / leatherette. This chair was reupholstered early on and the seat pillow added at that time. The upholstery looks to me to be mid to late 1970's, which would also makes sense timeline wise. Upholstery condition isn't perfect, there is some fading, but I think it looks quite stunning with the patina. New owner could keep it or decide to do a full Reno back to leather if they so wish. 1st gen eggs go for. Upwards of 10k with original upholstery. Don't miss this gorgeous specimen and the chance to own a piece of history ! less
- 31ʺW × 30ʺD × 42ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Fritz Hansen
- Arne Jacobsen
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $899
Otto Binx in Brooklyn, NY
After more than a decade in academia, both as doctoral candidate at NYU’s Institute ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Aluminum Office Chairs
- Armless Office Chairs
- Comfortable Office Chairs
- Ergonomic Office Chairs
- Executive Office Chairs
- Fabric Office Chairs
- Luxury Office Chairs
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Metal Office Chairs
- Mid-Century Modern Office Chairs
- New York Office Chairs
- Purple Office Chairs
- Reclining Office Chairs
- Small Office Chairs
- Steelcase Office Chairs
- Swivel Office Chairs
- Tall Office Chairs
- Wide Office Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.