Vintage Hand Thrown Pottery Vase, Green
Vintage studio pottery vase in a very deep olive green. Lovely form. Excellent condition with no chips or cracks. The ...
more Vintage studio pottery vase in a very deep olive green. Lovely form. Excellent condition with no chips or cracks. The piece measures 6.25 inches high, 3 inches wide with a 1 inch opening.
The potter was Dimitry Varley* and is incised with his initials. This piece is from 1974.
*Born in the USSR at the turn of the century, Dimitry Varley was an economist for the United Nations in his early career. Persecuted during the McCarthy era, he retained his job but was kept from traveling abroad. He began using his free time to become a master gardener and to foster his love of pottery. Married to the renowned modern dance teacher, Bessie Schonberg, Dimitry was often surrounded by creative and inspiring individuals who encouraged his pottery career.
Known for his use of organic shapes and glazes that mimicked those found in nature, Dimitry always remained true to his ideas of marrying form with function and was able to showcase the fruits of his gardening labors within his clay creations. less
- 3.0ʺW × 3.0ʺD × 6.25ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $14
- Free Local Pickup in New York, NY
Nancy M. in New York, NY
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.