- Architectural & Garden Elements
- Garden Ornaments & Accents
- Vintage English Lawn Bowls w/ Original Box - Se...
Vintage English Lawn Bowls w/ Original Box - Set of 4
A wonderful four bowl piece set of vintage English lawn bowls in the original box. A unique decorative accessory or ...
moreA wonderful four bowl piece set of vintage English lawn bowls in the original box. A unique decorative accessory or a new outdoor game to be enjoyed by family and friends.
The game is played in the various regions of the current and former British Empire -- England, Ireland, Scotland, India, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Hong Kong, and Egypt as well as Canada, S. America, and the United States. Lawn bowling is similar to Italian bocce or French boules / petanque but is played on grass lawn rather than a sand or crushed stone court with a slightly larger ball.
The manufacturer is R.W. Hensell & Sons of Melbourne, Australia and they were fabricated for use in the UK where they were discovered in an antique auction. The model is a Henselite Super-Grip Championship in a mahogany finish. Each bowl is numbered 1-4 at one end and the previous owners initials are engraved at the other. The graphics and age of the box suggest fabrication somewhere between the 1920's and 1940's.
Condition of the lawn bowls is excellent; appearing to have had very little use as the surfaces are pristine with only minimal loss of paint on the decorative rings at each end. The box is in fair condition with wear and loss of paper finish on the labels.
Dimensions: lawn bowl, 4 15/16" Dia.; box, 10.75w" x 10.75"D x 5"H. less
- 10.75ʺW × 10.75ʺD × 5ʺH
- Acrilyc Polymer
- Condition Notes
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Chez Vous Antiques in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques offers unique decorative accessories, focal-point furniture, & one-of-a-kind lighting to enhance and personalize ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.