Edward Wormley Midcentury Pale Raspberry Sofa
This is a truly rare and beautiful Wormley ledged-armed button tuffed sofa with four removeable seat cushions, stuffed with feathers ...
more This is a truly rare and beautiful Wormley ledged-armed button tuffed sofa with four removeable seat cushions, stuffed with feathers and down, and upholstered in a pale raspberry-red wool; the frame and legs are mahogany and fitted with solid brass casters. The sofa is full size, incredibly well made, comfortable to sit on.
The sofa was purchased from the estate of Aileen Getty in 2014. My understanding is that it is in original condition and was designed by Wormley at his New York City studio in the 1960's for a private client (presumably actress Elizabeth Taylor), and hand made by craftsmen at the Drexel Precendent factory. Precedent Furniture (no longer associated with Drexel) sells a slightly updated version of this sofa which is called the Taylor Sofa # 3123-S2. less
- 82.0ʺW × 32.0ʺD × 32.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Mid-Century Modern
- Edward Wormley
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $609
- Free Local Pickup in Sebastopol, CA
- Ask the seller if Local Delivery is available
Sandra @ Sheffield & Company in Sebastopol, CA
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 9Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.