Rembrandt "The Pancake Woman" Original Etching
A posthumous impression on laid paper of Rembrandt van Rijn's well known etching, "The Pancake Woman." Signed and dated ...
more A posthumous impression on laid paper of Rembrandt van Rijn's well known etching, "The Pancake Woman." Signed and dated 1635 in the plate, the work is a charming scene from everyday life in the seventeenth century Netherlands. It features a street merchant grilling pancakes for a line of customers with a complete cast of colorful characters. This richly inked impression with warm plate tone was taken from the plate after the inscription on the top corners were partially erased in the late 18th century. No impressions are known to have been made since the early twentieth century.
Condition: Excellent overall condition, with margins intact. Currently floated on a white mat with gold detailing and housed in a ornate silver toned frame.
Catalogue Raisonne: Bartsch 124, second state
Image size: 4 1/4 x 3 1/16 inches
Framed size: 15 x 17 inches less
- 15.0ʺW × 1.0ʺD × 17.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Free Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 30 miles of 93405. 20837 does not qualify.
Julie T. in San Luis Obispo, CA
JT Fine Art or Julie Torchia Fine Art Consulting is a San Luis Obispo based ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local Delivery
- Returns & Cancellations