1991 Isao Hosoe for Cassina Italia 'Oskar in Red Leather' Table
This product is no longer available.
This scalene triangular table was designed by Mr. Hosoe in 1991 to bring function and sculptural beauty to your home ...
more This scalene triangular table was designed by Mr. Hosoe in 1991 to bring function and sculptural beauty to your home or office. The upholstered leather conical legs support a clear crystal glass top. Leather legs are upholstered in gorgeous Russian red hide.
28.3 x 94.5 x 55.1 in.
Isao Hosoe passed away in Milan, on October 3rd 2016. The city, land of Design, where he moved from Tokyo after his degree in engineering to work together with Giò Ponti and Alberto Rosselli and where he chose to live, to marry and have children, to set up a practice and work.
A special person, always humble and kind, a philosopher rather than an engineer, a clever talker who could held everyone spellbound with the low and constant flow of his words, with his unexpected culture and subtle irony, with a ritual, gestural expressiveness and, most of all, with the relentless quest for the unforeseeable and unusual revealed in each of his words, rather than in his designs.
Awarded with several Compasso d’Oro ADI and many other prizes and accolades all over the world, this gifted and unconventional designer has worked for some of the major companies worldwide, he brought innovation in all kinds of fields of industrial design and could infuse Japanese culture into the process of Italian design.
The vortex is the logo he has chosen for his office IHD (Isao Hosoe Design). It is actually a projectual declaration of the design intents, pure expression of the dynamism between cultures, people and products. In the center of the vortex he always put the human beings: the comprehension of their habits, their behaviors and their needs, even if those yet to be known. less
- 94.0ʺW × 55.0ʺD × 28.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- $425 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 20 miles of 94609.
Otto Binx in Oakland, NY
Otto Binx is located in Brooklyn, NY and ships world-wide.
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 61Ask the Seller / View All
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.