1991 Isao Hosoe for Cassina Italia 'Oskar in Red Leather' Table
This product is no longer available.
This scalene triangular table was designed by Mr. Hosoe in 1991 to bring function and sculptural beauty to your home ...
moreThis scalene triangular table was designed by Mr. Hosoe in 1991 to bring function and sculptural beauty to your home or office. The upholstered leather conical legs support a clear crystal glass top. Leather legs are upholstered in gorgeous Russian red hide.
28.3 x 94.5 x 55.1 in.
Isao Hosoe passed away in Milan, on October 3rd 2016. The city, land of Design, where he moved from Tokyo after his degree in engineering to work together with Giò Ponti and Alberto Rosselli and where he chose to live, to marry and have children, to set up a practice and work.
A special person, always humble and kind, a philosopher rather than an engineer, a clever talker who could held everyone spellbound with the low and constant flow of his words, with his unexpected culture and subtle irony, with a ritual, gestural expressiveness and, most of all, with the relentless quest for the unforeseeable and unusual revealed in each of his words, rather than in his designs.
Awarded with several Compasso d’Oro ADI and many other prizes and accolades all over the world, this gifted and unconventional designer has worked for some of the major companies worldwide, he brought innovation in all kinds of fields of industrial design and could infuse Japanese culture into the process of Italian design.
The vortex is the logo he has chosen for his office IHD (Isao Hosoe Design). It is actually a projectual declaration of the design intents, pure expression of the dynamism between cultures, people and products. In the center of the vortex he always put the human beings: the comprehension of their habits, their behaviors and their needs, even if those yet to be known. less
- 94ʺW × 55ʺD × 28ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Otto Binx in Oakland, NY
After many years as an academic, I realized that my work as an art and ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 61Ask the Seller / View All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.