Mid-century Swedish Floral Wall Plaque By Jie Gantofta
What we have here is an absolutely lovely Mid-Century Swedish ceramic floral wall plaque by Jie Gantofta Sweden. Created by ...
moreWhat we have here is an absolutely lovely Mid-Century Swedish ceramic floral wall plaque by Jie Gantofta Sweden. Created by designer Aimo Nietosvuori.
Each ceramic tile is hand-painted in an assortment of vibrant tones. Completed in a glossy and matte finish. Every detail is unique. It measures: 7 inches tall and 5.5 inches wide...1/2 inch thick. Made in Sweden.
This plaque is very very pleasing to look at because there is a great deal of diversity in the actual surface decoration. Sweden is a dark country during the winter months and pieces like this certainly would have emanated a sense of lightness during the darker time of year. It has tremendously fine ornament throughout. It's an eye catching piece in any interior setting. Delicate, bright, detailed and bold. It is often styled as a single wall accent or coupled as a pair to accentuate the details. This piece would add the perfect blend of neoclassical and Gustavian Swedish Style to your home.
Please visit our other listings to view similar works by Jie Gantofta Sweden.
Jie Gantofta Sweden 1942-1992
Jie Gantofta was founded in Helsingborg, Sweden by John Ewert Johnson in 1942. Production primarily was of wood, glass and ceramics. The company had a number of talented artists including Anita Nylund, (daughter of Gunnar Nylund), Ella Bergstrand and Ingrid Koskela. Aimo Nietosvuori joined Jie in 1967, as his main designer, and stayed with Jie for some 25 years, producing a number of very successful product ranges. Since the creation of Jie he employed over 50 different designers... some with much success. It is evident Jie Gantofta deeply respected all of his designers and artists, because of the creative freedom he entrusted in their designs. Jie's Ceramics celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1992. The same year the company went out of business. And so ends the amazing saga... But, Jie Gantofta lives on through the works that remain. less
- 5.5ʺW × 0.25ʺD × 7ʺH
- JIE Gantofta
- JIE Gantofta
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Lone Ranger Antiques in Dania Beach, FL
Lone Ranger Antiques specializes in unique Swedish country antiques. For five months a year, owner ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 4Ask the Seller / View All
- 3D Paintings
- Action Paintings
- Beach Paintings
- Black and White Paintings
- Car Paintings
- Cat Paintings
- Ceramic Paintings
- Cherry Blossom Paintings
- Classic Paintings
- Color Field Paintings
- Dot Paintings
- Elephant Paintings
- Face Paintings
- Famous Paintings
- Flower Paintings
- Forest Paintings
- Galaxy Paintings
- Genre Paintings
- Greek Paintings
- Horse Paintings
- House Paintings
- JIE Gantofta Paintings
- Landscape Paintings
- Miami Paintings
- Mid-Century Modern Paintings
- Miniature Paintings
- Moon Paintings
- Nude Body Paintings
- Oil Paintings
- Portrait Paintings
- Rock Paintings
- Skull Paintings
- Still Life Paintings
- Sunflower Paintings
- Sunset Paintings
- Surrealist Paintings
- Swedish Modern Paintings
- Swedish Paintings
- Tree Paintings
- Venus Paintings
- White Paintings
- Yellow Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.