Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand
Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your ...
more Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your collection. I worked on this lovely stand with pains taking touch-up along with true enjoyment Perhaps about 600 touch-ups areas before determining it was complete. This is a fantastic find which I traveled to West Virginia for. The owner had a collection of stenciling. She sold the stand because of its condition. It is old and most Pre-Civil War items I receive are in tough shape. In writing this, the touch up work is firmly placed and stable. This stand is a must see.
It was very lucky for this wash stand original design was intact with only bumps and bruises of use and storage. I glued every joint and seam.
The stand has one lower drawer which would have stowed the shaver, shaving knife and combs. The back splash board has two extension arms which can hang towels with hanger loops. The drawer is hand honed and has lovely hand carved dovetail joints; nice and tight.
The center knob pull for the drawer is solid rosewood. The stand itself is made of hardy pine.
The golden stencil depicts a lovely fruit basket and the stand is trimmed with golden flower bell arrays. If you have an historic home of the 1700s, this collectible will fit right in. This is the water closet , WC model. It is safe to say this stand is close to the 18th century and can be used in a Revolutionary War historical home setting no doubt. A true expert can take it from here. It is more primitive in shape and style than many posted and the top rod is unique with the Napoleon head dress shape.
The wash stand is 37 inches high, 15 inches deep, and 19.5 inches wide. The lower stow area is 14 inches high for your pitcher of that size. less
- 19.5ʺW × 15.0ʺD × 37.0ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Shipping Options
- Estimated White Glove Shipping - $279
- Free Local Pickup in Fredericksburg, VA
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 50 miles of 22554. 20837 qualifies for Local Delivery.
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.