Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand
Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your ...
morePre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your collection. I worked on this lovely stand with pains taking touch-up along with true enjoyment Perhaps about 600 touch-ups areas before determining it was complete. This is a fantastic find which I traveled to West Virginia for. The owner had a collection of stenciling. She sold the stand because of its condition. It is old and most Pre-Civil War items I receive are in tough shape. In writing this, the touch up work is firmly placed and stable. This stand is a must see.
It was very lucky for this wash stand original design was intact with only bumps and bruises of use and storage. I glued every joint and seam.
The stand has one lower drawer which would have stowed the shaver, shaving knife and combs. The back splash board has two extension arms which can hang towels with hanger loops. The drawer is hand honed and has lovely hand carved dovetail joints; nice and tight.
The center knob pull for the drawer is solid rosewood. The stand itself is made of hardy pine.
The golden stencil depicts a lovely fruit basket and the stand is trimmed with golden flower bell arrays. If you have an historic home of the 1700s, this collectible will fit right in. This is the water closet , WC model. It is safe to say this stand is close to the 18th century and can be used in a Revolutionary War historical home setting no doubt. A true expert can take it from here. It is more primitive in shape and style than many posted and the top rod is unique with the Napoleon head dress shape.
The wash stand is 37 inches high, 15 inches deep, and 19.5 inches wide. The lower stow area is 14 inches high for your pitcher of that size. less
- 19.5ʺW × 15ʺD × 37ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- Chairish Local Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Local rates available on most items when the delivery location is within 50 miles
- Shipping charges start at $149, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Local deliveries typically take up to 3 weeks
- Chairish In-home Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
Delivery Type Under $2,000 Over $2,000 Chairish In-home Delivery $299 $399 Large Handling > 35 cu. ft. < 52 cu ft. $399 $449 Fragile and/or Oversized Handling Price may vary. Based on material, location and size. Price may vary. Based on material, location and size.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- All sales final 48 hours after receiving your purchase. (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below.)
- If a return is requested, please email email@example.com with the order number and reason for return.
- For approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.