Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand
Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your ...
more Pre-Civil War Hitchock Wash Stand. This is a museum collectible, the true McCoy. Lovely collection piece to add to your collection. I worked on this lovely stand with pains taking touch-up along with true enjoyment Perhaps about 600 touch-ups areas before determining it was complete. This is a fantastic find which I traveled to West Virginia for. The owner had a collection of stenciling. She sold the stand because of its condition. It is old and most Pre-Civil War items I receive are in tough shape. In writing this, the touch up work is firmly placed and stable. This stand is a must see.
It was very lucky for this wash stand original design was intact with only bumps and bruises of use and storage. I glued every joint and seam.
The stand has one lower drawer which would have stowed the shaver, shaving knife and combs. The back splash board has two extension arms which can hang towels with hanger loops. The drawer is hand honed and has lovely hand carved dovetail joints; nice and tight.
The center knob pull for the drawer is solid rosewood. The stand itself is made of hardy pine.
The golden stencil depicts a lovely fruit basket and the stand is trimmed with golden flower bell arrays. If you have an historic home of the 1700s, this collectible will fit right in. This is the water closet , WC model. It is safe to say this stand is close to the 18th century and can be used in a Revolutionary War historical home setting no doubt. A true expert can take it from here. It is more primitive in shape and style than many posted and the top rod is unique with the Napoleon head dress shape.
The wash stand is 37 inches high, 15 inches deep, and 19.5 inches wide. The lower stow area is 14 inches high for your pitcher of that size. less
- 19.5ʺW × 15ʺD × 37ʺH
- Condition Notes
- Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left Good - Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- White Glove Shipping available in continental U.S.
- Free Local Pickup in Fredericksburg, VA
- $100 Local Delivery Curbside Delivery within 50 miles of 22554. 20837 qualifies for Local Delivery.
HALO-TLC LLC in Fredericksburg, VA
About myself: I am a retired Material Science Engineer (B.S.) and during my earlier ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about less than 3 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-14 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.