Antique French Transferware Dessert or Salad Service - S/22
Having a few friends over for a post-event dessert? Add some French "joie de vivre" to your table with this ...
more Having a few friends over for a post-event dessert? Add some French "joie de vivre" to your table with this lovely assortment of antique Gien porcelain dessert / salad plates, International Silver dessert / salad forks, and a Wm. A. Rogers dessert serving utensil. A wonderful addition to any tabletop service or antique china collection.
The set includes eleven mid-19th century Gien black & white transferware plates from the rare "Les Jours de Guignon" series. Each features a center design, relating the various comical mishaps of poor Guignon, surrounded by an intricate border of beautiful flourishes and medallions showcasing scenes from typical French life. The group has been assembled from antique markets across France and contains one each of plates #4, 9, & 10 and two each of plates #2, 7, 11 & 12 in the series. Dimensions are 8.5" dia. x .8" h. Condition is good with wear appropriate to age such as minor edge chips and old knife cuts. All but one have a blue glazed Gien mark on the underside indicating fabrication between 1844 & March 1849.
The silverplate flatware consists of 10 International Silver Co. "Homecrest HSC1" forks and a Wm. A. Rogers "Malibu" dessert server. The forks date from as early as 1928, when the Homecrest brand was registered as a trademark, and measure 5.8"l x 1"w. The server dates from 1934 and measures 10.5"l x 2.25"w. All are in very good condition with wear appropriate for age and use. less
- 8.5ʺW × 8.5ʺD × 0.75ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Belgian, Belle Epoque, Cottage, Country, Empire, English Traditional, French, French Country, French Provincial, Grand Tour, Hollywood Regency, Regency, Shabby Chic, Traditional
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques offers unique decorative accessories, focal-point furniture, & one-of-a-kind lighting to enhance and personalize ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Belle Epoque Dinnerware
- Black Dinnerware
- Cottage Dinnerware
- Country Dinnerware
- Empire Dinnerware
- English Traditional Dinnerware
- French Country Dinnerware
- French Dinnerware
- French Provincial Dinnerware
- Gien Dinnerware
- Hollywood Regency Dinnerware
- Porcelain Dinnerware
- Regency Dinnerware
- Shabby Chic Dinnerware
- Silver Dinnerware
- Silver Dinnerware
- Traditional Dinnerware
- White Dinnerware
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.