Antique French Transferware Dessert or Salad Service - S/22
Having a few friends over for a post-event dessert? Add some French "joie de vivre" to your table with this ...
more Having a few friends over for a post-event dessert? Add some French "joie de vivre" to your table with this lovely assortment of antique Gien porcelain dessert / salad plates, International Silver dessert / salad forks, and a Wm. A. Rogers dessert serving utensil. A wonderful addition to any tabletop service or antique china collection.
The set includes eleven mid-19th century Gien black & white transferware plates from the rare "Les Jours de Guignon" series. Each features a center design, relating the various comical mishaps of poor Guignon, surrounded by an intricate border of beautiful flourishes and medallions showcasing scenes from typical French life. The group has been assembled from antique markets across France and contains one each of plates #4, 9, & 10 and two each of plates #2, 7, 11 & 12 in the series. Dimensions are 8.5" dia. x .8" h. Condition is good with wear appropriate to age such as minor edge chips and old knife cuts. All but one have a blue glazed Gien mark on the underside indicating fabrication between 1844 & March 1849.
The silverplate flatware consists of 10 International Silver Co. "Homecrest HSC1" forks and a Wm. A. Rogers "Malibu" dessert server. The forks date from as early as 1928, when the Homecrest brand was registered as a trademark, and measure 5.8"l x 1"w. The server dates from 1934 and measures 10.5"l x 2.25"w. All are in very good condition with wear appropriate for age and use. less
- 8.5ʺW × 8.5ʺD × 0.75ʺH
- Good Moderate wear and tear, but still has good years left
- Belgian, Belle Epoque, Cottage, Country, Empire, English Traditional, French, French Country, French Provincial, Grand Tour, Regency
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $19
- Free Local Pickup in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques in Tulsa, OK
Chez Vous Antiques offers unique decorative accessories, focal-point furniture, & one-of-a-kind lighting to enhance and personalize ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- Belle Epoque Dinnerware
- Black Dinnerware
- Cottage Dinnerware
- Country Dinnerware
- Empire Dinnerware
- English Traditional Dinnerware
- French Country Dinnerware
- French Dinnerware
- French Provincial Dinnerware
- Gien Dinnerware
- Porcelain Dinnerware
- Regency Dinnerware
- Silver Dinnerware
- Silver Dinnerware
- White Dinnerware
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the locations of both the buyer and the seller.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about three to six weeks after pickup (pickup may take up to 10 business days).
- Please note that pickups may take longer in some locations where white glove pickup and delivery are less frequent. In some cases delivery can take up to 8 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days business days after the item ships (which may take up to three business days).
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person.
- You will receive a Pickup Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at the time of pickup.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location.
- The buyer will receive a Delivery Verification Code, which must be presented to the seller at time of delivery.
- The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in cancellation of the order.
- Buyers should plan accordingly if additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return.
- White Glove & Flat Rate Shipping
- Buyers have up to 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item and email email@example.com to initiate a return.
- For Flat Rate Shipping returns, buyers will be responsible for packaging and shipping the return within three business days after return shipping label (pre-paid by Chairish) is received.
- There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable).
- Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.