French Vintage Alcohol Ad, Citron Camus
This product is no longer available.
Size: 15.25 x 22.75 inches
This vintage advertisement was created for a drink with an alcoholic ... more Date: 1910s
Size: 15.25 x 22.75 inches
This vintage advertisement was created for a drink with an alcoholic base of old wine. Combined with the zest of fresh Italian lemons, I can only imagine how refreshing it would have been to have a glass in the summer!
The Belle Époque saw an immense growth in industry (metal and electricity), communication (telegraph and telephone), and agriculture, which led to an increase of mass produced goods and material culture in general. The quality and quantity of food and drink improved -- something the middle and upper classes took advantage of. To match this new culture of excess, ads such as this one were designed to emulate the exuberance of the time. With ornate typography, curvilinear lines, and highly decorative compositions (let no inch of paper go to waste!), these posters suggested that the products they were selling were luxuries. Simply irresistible!
Citron Camus is recently linen backed and in excellent condition. less
- 15.25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 22.75ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
- Shipping Options
- Flat Rate Shipping - $29
L'Affichiste in Stowe, VT
Karen Etingin opened her Montreal gallery, L'Affichiste, ten years ago after deciding to turn ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact email@example.com if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.