Oaxacan Palm Basket
This product is no longer available.
Handmade, lidded palm basket from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Natural palm fiber is dyed then hand woven into a stunning piece, perfect ... more Handmade, lidded palm basket from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Natural palm fiber is dyed then hand woven into a stunning piece, perfect for unique storage.
These baskets, made by a group of women weavers in Southern Mexico, continue a long tradition of basket weaving in the region.
Once comprising the economic base for many towns in the state of Oaxaca, basket weaving had become an undervalued craft in modern times. Territory is working to preserve and uplift this ancient art by supporting and promoting the women and communities that continue this technique; giving recognition and new value to this beautiful tradition.
These palm baskets are beautiful statement pieces and also good for lightweight storage. We love storing clothes, napkins and towels in ours! They are sturdy but lightweight and malleable.
Size: 15in t x 12in w,
Materials: 100 % palm fiber less
- 12.0ʺW × 12.0ʺD × 15.0ʺH
- Excellent Minor wear consistent with age and history
Territory Design in Chicago, IL
Inspired by nature, culture and quality, Territory bridges years of experience working in developing regions ...
- Shop all from this seller
Q & A 0Ask the Seller
- White Glove Shipping
- Appropriate for large or fragile items.
- Costs range from $100 for smaller items delivered locally to $1,000+ for extra large items transported across the Continental United States. Final cost depends on the size of the items and the buyer's location.
- Local deliveries typically take about 2 weeks and longer distance deliveries typically take about 3-6 weeks.
- Flat Rate Shipping
- Shipment through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Appropriate for smaller items, most accessories and some small furniture.
- Costs range from $9 to $299 and up, depending on the size and weight of the item.
- Delivery is typically 7-10 days
- Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows a buyer to avoid shipping costs by picking up an item in person. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a pickup date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- Local Delivery
- As a lower cost alternative, some of our sellers offer local curbside delivery within a limited geography around their location. The buyer must contact the seller within five business days of their purchase to coordinate a delivery date and time. Delays may result in additional charges.
- If additional labor is required to move the item inside or upstairs, buyers should make sure to plan accordingly.
- Returns & Cancellations
- Except for Local Pickup and Local Delivery, buyers have 48 hours after delivery to inspect their item(s) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to return an item. There are no restocking fees, but we deduct outbound and return shipping charges from the buyer's original purchase price (+ taxes when applicable). Buyers may not be reimbursed for returns that are not received in original condition.